Page 1 of 66 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter

1. Dexter

I've been watching a show called Dexter recently that's been rocking my fucking socks off. It's about a serial killer who doubles as a forensic scientist, specializing in blood spatter (he loves blood, disembowelment is his MO). The setting is Miami and the first season so far has been about Dexter coming across another serial killer who may be better than he is, and this subsequentally begins a cat and mouse killing game between the two.

The catch here is that Dexter's dad, a respected police officer, realized his sociopathic and psychotic tendencies at a young age and taught him a code of ethics for him to follow. Following that code Dexter kills exclusively other serial killers (98 by my count) to subdue his urges to murder. And because he's a serial killer himself and has no real emotions he can see past their false emotions and spot them, catching the ones that are above the law or that fall through the cracks of the justice system.

It's a pretty fucking awesome show. Anyway, anyone else watch it? Season 2 starts really soon.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 20 Jan 2007 at 11:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. actually, season 1 just wrapped up about a month ago. 12 or 13 eps. Its based on the book "Darkly Dreaming Dexter." Great show, and Michael C. Hall owns the role.

3. My mistake. I've been watching it via TMN On Demand up here in Canada, which is my favorite and the most convenient way to watch TV (no commercials, on whenever I want).

Dearly Devoted Dexter, Jeff Lindsay's second Dexter book, will be the inspiration and basic foundation for the next season of the show. I think I'm going to end up buying both, because from my research of the books the show does stray quite a bit. The Ice Truck killer turns out to be a somewhat different person as well.

Awesome show though. I enjoy the way Dexter has framed pictures of blood smears and spatters as "art" in his small lab. Very interesting and smart show.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Yeah. I like it a lot.

5. I'd never heard of this until this thread, so I grabbed the first episode to check it out. Needless to say season 1 is on it's way now.

It really is amazingly great.
    ABOUT ME.

"Underground music should have its back turned, it needs to be gone, untrackable, unreadable"

6. Dexter is indeed awesome. My favorite new show this season. The season 1 finale was unbelievable. I just love the (very dark) humor mixed with the serial killing. I have always liked Michael Hall (from Six Feet Under), so weird to see him kiss a woman

7. I don't get Showtime, but my gf does, and she likes the show a lot. I need to check out an episode that next time I'm at her place.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

There is a HR HDTV torrent up at mininova.

9. I like his ability to understand children most honestly than adults. Like the 6 year old shrugging off his pet goldfish dying. The show is fucking on.