Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Abuse the Youtube Tags: Videogame Edition

1. The background was awesome.

2. I didn't notice that on the first pass... really cool touch.

Here's a rad gamey video, but the Youtube tags don't really do it justice... It's got all kinds of shit on the page's background and foreground overlaid and synchronized with it:
    http://sumire-uesaka-parallax-view.tumblr.com/

3. I don't like this list of the ten worst systems of all time. Not one bit.

It's not just that the video gets some rudimentary facts hilariously wrong (yes, the 3DO has one controller port, but it uses a daisy chain system, which is a plus, not negative; the Jaguar was advertised as the first 64-bit system, not 32. It's written on the fucking system for god's sake!), it's that Kotaku, a video game site, posted this video with very little comment and thought readers would find this edifying. Of all the video game systems that have been released, this is the best they could come up with? And Kotaku thought, oh cool, we should put this up? Why post a video with just (incorrect) text and stills? What is the point of this?

Aside: Is it just me, or does Kotaku have some of the worst, man-childish, cry-baby, piece of shit, shut-in commenters on the internet? Not YouTube levels by any means, but just blech.
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 09 Mar 2014 at 12:38 AM.

4. "These May Be the 10 Worst Game Consoles Ever"

"They may be, they may not be, the one thing we don't do is fire any more than the 3 synapses it took to post this video to discuss it."

Not that it's a particularly interesting question, but if you're gonna post the video...

KOTAKU
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 09 Mar 2014 at 12:26 AM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold View Post
    I don't like this list of the ten worst systems of all time. Not one bit.

It's not just that the video gets some rudimentary facts hilariously wrong (yes, the 3DO has one controller port, but it uses a daisy chain system, which is a plus, not negative; the Jaguar was advertised as the first 64-bit system, not 32. It's written on the fucking system for god's sake!), it's that Kotaku, a video game site, posted this video with very little comment and thought readers would find this edifying. Of all the video game systems that have been released, this is the best they could come up with? And Kotaku thought, oh cool, we should put this up? Why post a video with just (incorrect) text and stills? What is the point of this?

Aside: Is it just me, or does Kotaku have some of the worst, man-childish, cry-baby, piece of shit, shut-in commenters on the internet? Not YouTube levels by any means, but just blech.
    How is the Virtual Boy not true 3-D?

If they went even further back in home console history, they could include the RCA Studio II game console. I didn't even know there was a Studio I console, so where did that name come from?

Last edited by gamevet; 09 Mar 2014 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    If they went even further back in home console history
    The first 13 years of consoles didn't exist. That's what the media tells me.
    Last edited by NeoZeedeater; 09 Mar 2014 at 01:46 AM.

7. I still cringe every time I read some ignorant ass write that the 32X was made to extend the life of the Genesis, despite the fact that everyone at SOA who's ever discussed the topic has said the exact opposite and that the Genesis had at least another 2 years of life in it on its own. It's not like anyone's guessing this shit anymore. These people are on record. Do some fucking research before making a list, geez.

I don't think it's fair to put an add on in a worst consoles list. And I'm not convinced anyone saying the 32X sucked has really played it anyway. I do think it was a really bad idea to release it but it did have some good games.

9. Come on. There's no way the 32X was anything other than crap. Every system* has at least a handful of good games, it doesn't make the system good. Even if every game was a masterpiece, it was overly expensive, underpowered, poorly supported, destroyed a ton of trust fans had in Sega, and screwed up 2 generations of hardware. I know there is some hipster revisionism that is popular with this sort of stuff but I think the consensus on 32X is right on.

*except the CD-i.

I used to own one, and I can't remember a single game that came out for it.