Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Abuse the Youtube Tags: Videogame Edition

1. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    It's not top ten worst console material from a games standpoint which is the only thing that should matter with a list like this. But thanks for accusing me of "hipster revisionism" instead of being someone who is actually aware of really bad, obscure systems from the '70s onwards.
    Yea, I did accuse you of that, because that's not actually what you said:

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    And I'm not convinced anyone saying the 32X sucked has really played it anyway.
    The 32X did suck, massively.

Still, I didn't think it sucked back when it was on the market either. I thought it was a horrible idea to release it to the market given that the Saturn was coming and the Genesis already had the Sega CD but I liked its games. You may disagree but it isn't any revisionism on my part.

When I think gaming hipster, I think of people playing Earthbound for the first time in the last five years and declaring it the best thing ever made. I'm pretty much the last person I expected to get that label.

If you're actually familiar with the 32X's library and still think it sucks, that's totally fair. I highly doubt that those kotaku idiots or most other sites that put the system on worst lists have any proper experience with it. They're probably just parroting the usual lines like when people say Atari ET is the worst game ever.
    Last edited by NeoZeedeater; 09 Mar 2014 at 07:51 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    You forget that video games didn't exist before Nintendo.
    Nintendo saved the videogamz.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Why are we even discussing Kotaku?

In any case, 32X was not a good add-on. Sure, they are a few good games but the it was too expensive, bulky and late to the party.
    Let's not forget. If you owned a Sega CD system you needed not one, but three fucking fatass power plugs to run all of that. Most people had to deal with lameass power strips and that 1st party Sega one which had the outlets sideways isn't cheap to come by as it is nowadays.

I owned a 32X and yeah even I wasn't too happy with it. Few too games and it came out way too late.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

5. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    When I think gaming hipster, I think of people playing Earthbound for the first time in the last five years and declaring it the best thing ever made.
    I have a different label for these people: "Correct."

6. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Let's not forget. If you owned a Sega CD system you needed not one, but three fucking fatass power plugs to run all of that. Most people had to deal with lameass power strips and that 1st party Sega one which had the outlets sideways isn't cheap to come by as it is nowadays.
    Thankfully, today we can get a Sega TRIO.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Thankfully, today we can get a Sega TRIO.
    Not in stock but subscribed to the mailing list to buy one.

You need to post more cool shit like this Melf.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

Yesterday's Shenmue postmortem was interesting if you're a big fan of the game. Suzuki talks about its early development as Virtua Fighter RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    You need to post more cool shit like this Melf.
    That's been posted multiple times I'm pretty sure.

10. Last edited by gamevet; 25 Mar 2014 at 08:27 PM.