Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1525272829303133 ... LastLast

Thread: Abuse the Youtube Tags: Videogame Edition

1. In all honesty he did pick some great clips for why some of those games are bad, but he is fucking atrocious. Better seen and not heard is probably the appropriate classic comment, but not seeing or hearing him would be even better.

Also: Are his videos a fifth grader's project? Why is a logo splash screen on there for so long? Why does that video use the Indiana Jones font? Why does he stream videogames from his kitchen? I don't know what's going on anymore.

2. Yeah that shit is terrible. The amount of production that goes into his antics is completely inappropriate, and while good points are being made, it seems like he's more concerned with being a youtube celebrity than any sort of authority.

3. You can cleanse yourself with some Arcade Impossible.

4. quit while you're ahead.

5. You don't like Arcade Impossible?

Oh, man!

6. Havent seen it. But the stigma left by other "two dorks in car" videos I've seen has carried over to it.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Havent seen it. But the stigma left by other "two dorks in car" videos I've seen has carried over to it.
    The episode I had posted was about picking up a Robotron 2084 arcade cab that needed a little bit of love to bring it back to its former glory of the arcade days. He pretty much shows the breakdown of the cabinet and what he does to make it look (and feel) like a brand new machine.

8. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    You don't like Arcade Impossible?

Oh, man!
    I hadn't watched it before but I watched both of the episodes that you posted here and I dig it. I enjoy the subject matter, obviously, and the dudes seem genuine -- they don't make it seem like they're doing this just to put on a performance for 16 year-olds, which many popular YT gaming shows can't say.

I'm about 50/50 on a lot of the other shows. Game Sack I like a lot. Lazy Game Reviews isn't bad. There are a handful that I'll pull up at work if I happen to notice new episodes, like Happy Console Gamer and Classic Game Room, but those are more along the lines of just having some noise in my ears while I do other things.

Any of the 'Angry', 'Irritating', whatever -- not my cup of tea. I feel like it's all aimed at middle school kids and I don't enjoy them, so I don't watch them.

9. Quote Originally Posted by koda View Post
    I hadn't watched it before but I watched both of the episodes that you posted here and I dig it. I enjoy the subject matter, obviously, and the dudes seem genuine -- they don't make it seem like they're doing this just to put on a performance for 16 year-olds, which many popular YT gaming shows can't say.

I'm about 50/50 on a lot of the other shows. Game Sack I like a lot. Lazy Game Reviews isn't bad. There are a handful that I'll pull up at work if I happen to notice new episodes, like Happy Console Gamer and Classic Game Room, but those are more along the lines of just having some noise in my ears while I do other things.

Any of the 'Angry', 'Irritating', whatever -- not my cup of tea. I feel like it's all aimed at middle school kids and I don't enjoy them, so I don't watch them.
    Yeah, I don't watch those Angry guy reviewers too often. The shtick can get old really quick.

Here are a few that I think you'll enjoy. They don't use gimmicks and have some interesting insight on gaming.

Adam Koralik

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFT...4aLdryeADiSsIg

Classic Gaming Quarterly

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2i...yVFZwwO6UCKZ6g

The Gaming Historian

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnb...p4PC21PG2k1UVg

I'll go ahead and post this video by Gaming Historian. It's about how the power glove came to be. I didn't know that it was a Mattel product until I saw this video.

10. not much of a game vet if you didn't know that...