Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shutter Island

1. Shutter Island

This just got pushed back from October to February because Warner doesn't have the money to push it for the Oscars. Lame.

Trailer:

I think what really makes this interesting is Scorsese trying something different rather than the premise itself.

2. Meh. Goodfellas is an average movie at best, that everyone thinks is deep and special because it has gangsters in it. Everything else went downhill from there.

Probably can't contain himself from filling the movie with boring slo-motion, freeze frames and a sociopathic character, either.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. I wonder if he can manage not putting in a Rolling Stones song.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Meh. Goodfellas is an average movie at best
    Jimmy Two Times?

I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. Now go home and get your fuckin' shinebox.

6. I'm a good shot, what do you want from me? I'm a good shot.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. I just came back from seeing this movie, and its really good. Its not as horror-ish as one might expect from the trailer but it delivers a moody, suspenseful mystery with a fantastic setting.

The casting is great. Scorsese uses a lot of actors who you recognize but don't know the names of, all of whom put in a great performance. Like all Scorsese films, its shot very competently and is a joy to take in, with everything framed beautifully and no shakey cam in sight. The soundtrack is tasteful and contributes greatly to the silent hill meets 50's detective story atmosphere of the movie.

Plot wise its really strong too, but i don't want to spoil anything so i'll leave it at that.

However:
    I wasn't particularly happy with the ending though. I think it would have been much stronger if they had left it open ended, that way all of the clues they drop would have a much stronger impact on a second viewing.

I recommend you go see this.

8. Been awhile since I've been to the movies, this looks really good and if Arjue likes it, I probably will too.

9. It took everything I had not to highlight that spoiler tag. This movie looks great.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. Looks better than The Retarded.