Page 1 of 74 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Here Believe in Noah's Ark?

Anyone Here Believe in Noah's Ark?

A coworker got me started on this shit and it's been driving me crazy for a few days now.

Just curious, but if someone says yes my rants will be epic.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

It's no less absurd than any of the fucking fairy tales in the bible.

So, no. I don't.

Good enough.

This dude is pretty much normal all around, pretty cool guy, and one cursed, horrid day we all start talking about religion and everything goes to shit. He full on completely believes that Noah's ark is real.

So I'm like, ok, fine. I will give you every quadruped. I will give you ever mammal. I don't even care what continent it's from, you can have the fucking marsupials and shit and everything that is needed in their care and upkeep. Fine. Did Noah collect every goddamn thousand-odd spider specie in the canopies of South American rainforests? I mean, obviously he must have since you don't believe in evolution and every animal that exists has always existed (which is already crazy fucked up). What about every type of fresh water fish, mollusc and whatever the fuck else that would die in a worldwide goddamned flood? Every type of plant life that would drown? Yes, plants drown, motherfucker.

So even if I gave you every large animal, which is already, to me, impossible, there is so much other shit that could never, ever have happened.

So apparently I don't have faith, and that is my problem.

If God has to tell this dude to build and ark, and if he knows that shit is impossible and has to wave his magic wand to give him infinite food, space, the Santa Claus-like ability to span the globe in one night so he can collect animals, if he is already cheating and bending the rules then why doesn't he just kill everything he wants to kill and leave the rest alive without a fucking flood?
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

There is a difference between faith and being a fucking head in the sand retard.

We all stopped believing in the Tooth Fairy and the fucking Easter Bunny. Why do otherwise reasonable people believe in Space Grandpa and his Magical Adventures. OH DEATH IS SCARY. Fuck you. Grow up.

6. A lot of religious and cultural histories say something about a flood of some sort, so it's likely the story of Noah is at least inspired by something but I wouldn't go any further than that.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

7. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    There is a difference between faith and being a fucking head in the sand retard.

We all stopped believing in the Tooth Fairy and the fucking Easter Bunny. Why do otherwise reasonable people believe in Space Grandpa and his Magical Adventures. OH DEATH IS SCARY. Fuck you. Grow up.
    What more needs to be said?

8. Religious people are stupid.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    A lot of religious and cultural histories say something about a flood of some sort, so it's likely the story of Noah is at least inspired by something but I wouldn't go any further than that.
    This. The local area probably flooded, and he put all his sheep on a boat or something.

fact became legend, or whatever

10. Noah lived to be a thousand years old or some shit.
    Fuck him.