Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ōkamiden - Nintendo DS

1. Nintendo DS Ōkamiden - Nintendo DS

Ōkamiden: Chisaki Taiyou takes place three months after the events of Ōkami. In spite of Amaterasu's work of killing the demons in the area, they return. Sakuya, a protagonist from the original Ōkami, summons Amaterasu, but instead finds Chibiterasu, who looks like a young version of Amaterasu. It is speculated that Chibiterasu is Amaterasu's son, but Motohide Eshiro, the game's producer, said that this will remain a secret for now. He added that he is a "young form of existence" and not fully grown; he retains several abilities of Amaterasu, including the Celestial Brush, but lacks her power, which will be reflected in the plot and gameplay. Chibiterasu's partners will be incorporated into the main plot as well. One of the partners that accompanies Chibiterasu is Kuninushi, the son of Susano and Kushi, two characters from Ōkami. He was born after the events of Ōkami. They did not reveal how Susano had a son in such a short amount of time, but stated that they would reveal it eventually.

Okamiden: Chisaki Taiyou - Tokyo Game Show Teaser Trailer

With a playable demo expected to be shown at the upcoming Tokyo Game Show, hopefully we'll get a better look at this game once it's shown there.

Seeing the lack of an Okamiden thread who else better to start one... than the crazy mia wolf guy
    Last edited by Werewolf; 04 Sep 2009 at 10:34 AM.

2. Thanks for japping up the board. I'm gonna change this mess to Okami DS.

CHIBI WOLFFF KAWAIII

I really liked the original and the stylus play would probably work pretty well for the brush effects, but I'd like to see some screenshots pls.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. Trim the fat from the original game, and put it on a real console, and maybe I am interested.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Thanks for japping up the board. I'm gonna change this mess to Okami DS.
    dōmo arigatō misutā robotto!

Just kidding, fixed it for you

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Trim the fat from the original game, and put it on a real console, and maybe I am interested.
    I'm probably one of the few but I never felt the first was too long, easy yes but I even did all the extra fights and bead quest which added a lot of extra time lol; though I'd expect the DS game to be a shorter game.

Though I too would rather see it on another console just from a graphical stand point the DS wouldn't hold up so well... but it's ideal gameplay wise with the pen and I know I've heard people more than a few times say the original game would have made a great DS game and that's probably why Okamiden is on DS, though it's far too early but can always hope if it does well enough that a console game might follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    I've heard people more than a few times say the original game would have made a great DS game and that's probably why Okamiden is on DS
    It's on DS because it failed on PS2 and failed again on Wii.

The count is 0-2.

It's cute that you think a videogame publisher actually cares about us consumers, though, really.

7. Working Designs did. That's why they never reprinted any of their shitty games. THE VALUE GOES UPPPPPPPPPPPUH!
    Donk

8. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Working Designs did. That's why they never reprinted any of their shitty games. THE VALUE GOES UPPPPPPPPPPPUH!
    why bother, amirite?

B/c their games went to 11.

Duh.
    I took all your French Toast.

10. Watching the video, this game looks fantastically cute and also looks like it'll be fine on DS. Only thing i'm worried about is that playing 3D games on DS with the Dpad has never been all that great. I sure wish the DSi had been given a nub.
    Donk