Page 1 of 20 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 1943

1. Battlefield 1943

A remixed version of BF 1942 is coming to PC, XBLA, and PSN running on BF: Badcompany's destructable environment Frostbite engine. Its still no BF3 but this will do because these are some of the greatest maps in FPS history. Plus no choppers ruining everyone's fun.

Soldiers, it's time to do your part in the action packed battles of the World War II Pacific campaign! Pick your path - be it as a rifleman crawling the trenches, a steel fisted tank commander, or ace fighter pilot dog fighting to protect the skies. Play as a lone wolf or with your friends, coordinating to turn the tide of battle, whatever you choose, you get to enjoy the thrill of a fully featured online shooter with the unique Battlefield sandbox experience.

Battlefield 1943 will be available on Xbox LIVE Arcade, PlayStation Network and on PC for download. This give players access to the famous action packed Battlefield gameplay quicker and easier than it's ever been. Play as the US Marines or the Imperial Japanese Navy on match-made servers for optimal challenge, as you gain ranks and awards. Battlefield 1943 is your own version of one of the most famous campaigns in the history of the world!

By Land, Sea & Air!
    Unleash wide destruction with Bombing Raids, Tanks, or Fighter Planes launched from Aircraft Carriers and enjoy one of the best experiences in any multiplayer game to-date.

Varied Locations & Up to 24 Players
    Play with 24 players online in three beautiful and destructible locations from the Pacific theatre. Whether you choose Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima or the classic Wake Island, you'll experience the best balance of infantry combat complemented by land, sea and air vehicles.

Frostbite-Enabled Destruction
    Watch the beautiful Pacific Islands quickly turn into scarred battlefields as destruction rains upon you and your fellow soldiers as you fight to win the battle!

Through the Gun Experience
    Use classic and iconic World War II infantry weapons with excellent feel to defeat your foes. Hit 'em hard from afar through your sniper scope or use explosives or melee weapons like bayonets to make it really up close and personal.
    Theres a trailer here:
    http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com....php?id=156534
    Last edited by Destro777; 05 Feb 2009 at 02:44 PM.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

2. So basically, it's going to be 1942 running with the Frostbite engine from Bad Company?

Should be interesting to see how Frostbite changes some of the map tactics.

3. This is crap. This game, Battlefield : Heroes and Bad Company 2 all postpone what real fans want: Battlefield 3 on PC with the Frostbite engine and AT LEAST 64 players. I can't imagine play 1942 maps with 24 players, esp Guadalcanal and Wake Island. I know this is an experiment and I'm sure it'll go over well, esp at 15 bucks or less, but if they wanted to go crazy and lazy, why not create a greatest hits version of the Battlefield series ? Take 3 maps from every game (esp Vietnam!) and just build on it monthly. Can you imagine being able to download Karkand,Mimoyecques, Fall of Saigon and Cerbere Landing ? It would be insane. I don't think it'd be too hard to port the maps once you got the ball rolling.

I know I'll play the game and enjoy it, but I can still only wonder what could be on PC instead of what I get on XBLA. Part of the joy of BF2 is whenever you get on a fully-functioning team and when I say that, I mean a commander that is working with each and every squad, telling each squad where to go and every squad playing as a group that sticks together and follows the squad leader, whom is following the commander. What we are getting on Xbox is no commander reeling everyone in and no structered squads. Unless you make your own squad with friends you get in a random squad every time where no one is communicating wiith one another and you are basically running and gunning. The communication aspect of Bad Company was HORRIBLY flawed and needs fixed. I do love other aspects of Bad Company and think the game works well in Gold Rush mode. In Conquest, it falls apart. If Frontlines can do invite squads, and COD 5 lets you put markers on the map for your squad, then Dice should be doing these things as well.

/rant.

4. Looks great, can't wait to try it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    Huge rant...
    B-b-but its Wake Island on the Frostbite engine! That video looks awesome. I hear you in those complaints tho. If you think about it, some five years later, no one has even attempted to challenge BF2 and 2142 as far as large scale FPS's go (outside of Frontlines but we all know how that turned out).

This year alone DICE is making brand new patches and maps for BF2 and 2142 - so those games still have alot of life left it seems. Im hoping they learned from the mistakes of BadCompany, especially in the squad options like you said. It will be interesting to see if 1943 has a squad system cause 1942 did not. Also im not sure why they keep limiting to player count to 24 when Frontlines for 360 offers 50 players. These games could own all console online FPS games if they stopped limiting it. My only explantions are they either think PC-like Battlefield is too complex for console gamers, or there is not enough buttons on a controller to do all the shit you can/need to do on PC.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

6. Where are the 2142 and BF2 patches, btw ? I'm still waiting for the patch that fixs my vid card issues with 2142. I'd love some new maps as well.

That being said, I do think the controller interface can work with a PC level Battlefield. Everyone having mics theoretically takes care of alot of the chat options and it basically comes down to squad leaders being able to tell the squad where to go. COD 5 did it with the back button and opened up a map and let you place a marked. It worked fine. That alone would help alot alongside a squad joining system ala Frontlines.

I know we aren't going to get a PC level Battlefield game because the Xbox typical are more worried about thier own stats instead of working as a team. Gold Rush mode was a good idea though since it was smaller scale but still maintained an objective to work for. Also , can Dice let us have some Clan tags ? Is that too much to ask ? Since we're going to be banished to console land for the time being, at least give us SOME PC-centric stuff to make us feel more at home.

Finally, I'm sure that '43 will have squads and such. Its already in Bad Company and I don't see Dice changing that.

7. This looks fun, but I'm sure 3 maps will get old pretty quick.
    Any idea on a release date?

8. After titles like BF 1942 and BF2, my expectations are gonna be pretty high for this. It looks great, but I never like the idea of basically revamping an old title. Hopefully this will surprise us all.
    Apparently, according to my therapist, carrots are NOT supposed to be used as masturbatory aides.

9. I would have bought 42 running on the Frostbite engine.... this neutered monstrosity? Not so much.

Regen Health?
    3 Classes?
    Unlimited Ammo?

They should just call it Halo.
    Quote Originally Posted by remnant
    I live in the fastlane bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Thats how we roll, ride or die bitch.

10. More like Gaylo amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."