Page 1 of 33 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Autumn 09)

1. Canada What Are You Playing (Autumn 09)

OK, I'll go ahead.

Bionic Commando (360) - Getting close to completing it on default.

Razing Storm (arcade) - 3,000,000 barrier broken.

Powered Gear/Armored Warriors (arcade) - One of Capcom's best beat-'em-ups. This feels a bit more brutal than Final Fight, wrecking other mechs until they explode. Cannibalizing their parts makes for some good combinations.

SAR (arcade) - It's supposed to mean "Search And Rescue", but you're not rescuing anyone. It's more "Shoot And Rend" with alien guts flying all over. I'm trying to get this one 1CCed. This is one of SNK's last non Neo-Geo titles.

2. Christ, I'm in the middle of a ton of stuff.

But mostly:

Thief Gold (PC) - How the hell haven't I played this before? It's brilliant and I'm only on the third level. Nice to see a game with intelligent difficulty level distinctions too. Expert4lyfe. (btwtwtw, there's a widescreen patch for Thief 1, 2 and System Shock 2)

Baldur's Gate (PC) - I never managed to get very far in this the first time around. Now, I actually made it into Baldur's Gate itself. It's not as impressive as the city in BG2 but it's still very fun. Bioware just doesn't make wide-open stuff like this anymore. And like Thief, it's even better with a widescreen patch and a few of those content mods/tweaks.

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath (Xbox) - Outside of a few minutes with Abe's Oddysee, this is my first Oddworld game. I like it so far. We need more Westerns. Also, it's pretty amazing that the tech in this game shames just about every Wii game released to date.

Speaking of impressive Xbox stuff,
    Rallisport Challenge 2 (Xbox) - This is incredible, even now. Rock solid 60 FPS, diverse tracks and weather (PAY ATTENTION, CODEMASTERS), custom soundtracks (lol PS3) and one of the best arcade racers ever made. DICE rules.

Stuntman Ignition (360) - I've always wanted to like Stuntman but the load times killed it. This has instant restarts. GOTY. And the unlockable trailers are rad. Best $15 ever.

edit: Oh, oh and Picross (DS)!
    Last edited by epmode; 08 Sep 2009 at 09:08 AM.

3. Shadow Complex - this game rules.

Aion Beta - if only servers wouldn't lag to shit. lol

4. Finished Bionic Commando on Commando
    Finished new Wolfenstein on I'm Death Incarnate
    Playing Wheelman and Professor Layton and the search for a Hairy Box

Quote Originally Posted by D_N_G View Post
    the search for a Hairy Box
    check with your mom.

6. InFAMOUS: I started playing this on Friday, put in about 6 hours on Saturday and a couple more on Monday, before having to go to work. This game is addicting.

Crysis: I've played a little bit here and there. It's an okay FPS that is more about the eye candy, than the gameplay.

7. Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier - Trying to finish up this RPG this month

Far Cry 2 - find more diamonds

Mercenaries 2 - anyone want to co-op on 360?

Tears of War 2 - crying about cheaters

NHL 2010 - Once this comes out on 15th, we can forget tears of war

Street Fighter IV - Unlock Seth and other stuff

Grim Grimoire - not bad 2D RTS on PS2

8. How are you playing NHL 10 if it's not even out yet?

9. "What Are You Playing (September)"

I will be playing that on September 15th.

10. That's obvious. Posting shit that isn't out yet is kind of dumb.