Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: contra hard corps and landstalker

1. contra hard corps and landstalker

i finaly picked theses games up yesterday for 10 bucks a piece. i played a lil pit of contra and i think it's pretty neat. i remember someone on the boards sayin' that they liked this game more than gunstar heroes. i haven't had much time with it to be able to decide which game i like more, but we'll see i guess. landstalker's pretty friggin' fun. the intro was pretty charming. i've only gotten to the first town with the funny lookin' bear people but i'm itchin' to play it right now. the jumping sections with floating platforms is gonna be frustrating, but i'll deal with it. maybe after i finish this game i'll go back and give alundra another go 'round.

2. http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...&threadid=5322

I'm one of those people that says Hard Corps is better than Gunstar Heroes....way better.

3. Ah, the magnificent joy of playing Landstalker for the first time. I envy you.

4. I bought Gunstar Heroes last summer because of all the rants and raves about it on the boards. I was HIGHLY disappointed. I prefer Contra 3 and Hardcorps over Gunstar. Not a bad game though.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

5. The greatest game of all time and the greatest shooter of all time! I really wish I was in your shoes to experience these 2 greats for the first time again. Contra shits all over GH. GH is a great game but it's no Contra despite what everyone else says.

6. Originally posted by Nigel-The-Landstalker
    GH is a great game but it's no Contra despite what everyone else says.
    You're right.

It's better than Contra: HC.

But I still love both.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

7. Originally posted by sleeveboy

You're right.

It's better than Contra: HC.

But I still love both.
    I don't think so! Nowhere near as good as Contra HC. I think that GH is for softer people but whatever. To each their own.

8. for starters: contra hard corps is friggin' awesome! i'm dying so much! an' when i finally beat that stupid boss on the second stage....man such a great feeling of accomplishment.

you know what sucks though? THE FUCKING BACK UP BATTERY FOR LANDSTALKER DOESN'T WORK! i saw another copy at funco though, so i'll just have to take this one back and trade it an' hope the battery works on the other one. i really wanted to get into this game today....ah well, looks like i'll have to wait.

9. That sucks! I've never replaced one in a Genny cart but I have done it to an SNES one. It was rather easy. If you dig around online you should be able to find somewhere that explains it easily.

I love both Contra: HC and Landstalker.

I never finished Landstalker since my saves got erased twice. I hate battery back-up with a passion. Damn you Takeda!