Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox PSO to require additional fee (in Japan)

1. Xbox PSO to require additional fee (in Japan)

From Games Are Fun:
    PSO Xbox Details

Much like their Dreamcast and GameCube version of Phantasy Star Online, the Xbox version of their MMORPG will require players to buy a "Hunter's License." How much it will cost per month is unknown, but Sonic Team did confirm that the fees would be on top of Microsoft's 30-day fee. The initial starter kit for Xbox Live is going to include Phantasy Star Online, but after the first shipment is sold out, gamers will have to buy the start-up software and RPG separately.
    And Gamespot:
    Sega of Japan to charge for Xbox PSO

Sonic Team announces that there will be an additional charge for taking PSO online.

Sonic Team has announced on its official Web site that it will charge an additional monthly fee for those who want to play the Xbox version of Phantasy Star Online on Xbox Live in Japan. Details on pricing have yet to be decided. Phantasy Star Online will be bundled with the Xbox Live starter kit when it's released in Japan later this year.
    It's not currently known if Sega of America plans to take a similar approach with the North American version of Phantasy Star Online for the Xbox.
    Uh...

WHAT THE BLOODY HELL?!

The WHOLE reason I got an Xbox was because Microsoft announced that NO ONE would EVER be allowed to charge an additional fee for online XB games. This is why XBL is supposed to be superior to Sony and Nintendo's plans. And now this?! If this happens with the American version, there'll be hell to pay...

And just so's you know, I'm not getting bent out of shape because it's PSO, I could really care less, it's the principle...

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. shit. more reason to get Episode 1&2 (as if the exclusive GBA games, new levels, weapons, and characters weren't enough).

i honestly don't know why people are even considering getting this when you can just go and buy Ver 2.0 right now.

3. Shouldn't be surprising if you had read this when it was first posted on this site
    If my memory of her has an expiration date, let it be 10,000 years.

4. "There will be no additional fees for XBL"

Way to keep your word, Microsoft. This is something Xbox haters are going to be using for ammo for a long time to come.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

5. whoa whoa....this is just in japan. lets wait for some official statements for the US first.

6. Kinda defeats the purpose of Xbox Live. I hope we won't be seeing more of this.

7. Re: Xbox PSO to require additional fee (in Japan)

It also says that there's going to be a charge for the Gamecube version, the hunter's license thing. Is that true?

If so, there goes that purchase...

8. Re: Re: Xbox PSO to require additional fee (in Japan)

Originally posted by Melf
    It also says that there's going to be a charge for the Gamecube version, the hunter's license thing. Is that true?

If so, there goes that purchase...
    Well I'm pretty sure that hasn't been announced yet but if it is in fact true...bleh. I'm not paying monthly(Or whatever their plan is) for a game that offers less than Diablo.

Edit: Actually they were prob talking about the Japanese version of PSO Eps. 1 and 2.My stance is still the same however.

9. i don't think we'll ever see free PSO again. i'd bet money that Episode 1&2 will be pay for play.

10. Then I doubt I'll ever play PSO again. I might pay to play a new RPG or something that I haven't played before, but for the 3rd version of a game I played for free the first time? No thanks.