Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Really Bad Nintendo DS Games

1. Etrian Odysshit is not a good game. Dark Spire destroys it.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Is Contra 4 not on that list because Yoshi admits it's good, or because he refuses to believe it exists?
    The world may never know.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I don't know why I'm replying seriously but these are all good ones. I'm sure there's more I missed while skimming the list or haven't played yet.

Bangai-O Spirits[5]
    Daigasso! Band-Brothers[2]
    Daigasso! Band Brothers DX[2]
    The Dark Spire[4]
    Etrian Odyssey[4]
    Giana Sisters DS[5]
    Lock's Quest[3]
    Lunar Knights[9]
    Meteos[5]
    Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword[10]
    Pac-Pix[5]
    Super Princess Peach[3]
    Trace Memory[5]

Plus you listed games that aren't out yet like Last Ninja and Zelda: Spirit Tracks.
    To be completely honest, the only ones of those I noticed and made a conscious decision to include were Etrian Odyssey, because it's a JRPG released after 1994, Meteos, because I hate its producer's games without exception, and Ninja Gaiden Sword, because it's controlled with a stylus. The rest probably deserve to be there too, but didn't set off my Yoshi sense.

4. This is GameFaqs-level trolling here Yoshi. You're better than that.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

5. no. not really.

6. I admire this thread, Yoshi. It is very irreverent.
    Donk

7. I think there's a better word that sounds smart when said out loud, but i can't think of it. Someone help me out with good words describing this thread.
    Donk

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Etrian Odysshit is not a good game. Dark Spire destroys it.
    I only played Etrian briefly but it seemed good for those into that kind of RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    because it's a JRPG released after 1994
    Your cut off year is too early. 1998 was pretty sweet with Panzer Dragoon Saga and Xenogears.
    Last edited by NeoZeedeater; 16 Sep 2009 at 07:31 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I only played Etrian briefly but it seemed good for those into that kind of RPG.
    That's the thing, you would think it is a good game if you only sinked an hour or two into it (or even ten).

The problem is that the game is extremely limited if you want to kill the real boss. In another words, you have no real flexibility in beating the game and you could waste tens of hours and not be able to beat the game.

10. There are a few good DS games. There's especially a lot of stuff like Bangai-O Spirits and EBA/Ouendan, where it's kinda neat but likely not something I'm ever gonna revisit.