Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 81011121314 LastLast

Thread: Addicted to Hot Sauces

If you think Tabasco is flavorless, put down the cigarettes or your chewing tuh-backy. Tabasco has one of the most distinct flavors in the hot sauce industry. You know it when people put it on food or cook with it.

2. I wonder that it doesn't have more of a smell than a flavor. The smell really catches you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

I'm gonna find you and punch you in your shit.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 28 Mar 2015 at 02:11 PM.

4. We've taken to making gochujang and putting it in everything when we need a little heat at work.
    Boo, Hiss.

5. Great stuff on a bibimbap, that.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Tabasco was developed to be rather flavourless? I had them as a client and their chipotle and tomatilo brands were supposed to be the "flavour and mild" versions. Obviously whether that's successful or not is up for debate.

I recently had Sambal Oelek and it was pretty good. Seemed salty? The Nerd Squad at work is obsessed over Srirachi sauce. We have like a cupboard full of bottles.
    I should try those because the more I grow in hot sauces the less I like regular Tabasco because now it's basically spicy vinegar to me. The sauce is like 85% sour, 15% heat. I no longer like it very much because of this. But I have wondered what their other sauces are like. I did like their Habanero sauce for a while and should revisit it I suppose. I'll have another write up soon since I've tried another sauce that I do like and would like to review on.

http://www.fvza.org/index.html

7. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Great stuff on a bibimbap, that.
    Fermentation is the new hotness in cheffing. You're bringing in whole new flavors you can't otherwise achieve.
    Boo, Hiss.

8. Explains the kimchee madness going on lately.

9. I think we reached peak kimchee last year. Now its "barrel aged" - its gone too far.
    Boo, Hiss.

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Fermentation is the new hotness in cheffing. You're bringing in whole new flavors you can't otherwise achieve.
    Achaar's good although I'm guessing it doesn't work with as many different foods as gochujang.