Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

1. Peace Walker is a direct continuation of MGS3. I haven't played those same titles, but I do know that the Acid series is considered a side story that doesn't really tie in. I guess the only one would be Portable Ops since that one stars Big Boss.

2. Portable Ops takes place after MGS3 IIRC. Problem is, the game mostly sucks balls, so you might just want to read a story synopsis instead of trying to play it.

3. So it goes MGS3-I -> Portable Ops=MGS3-II -> Peace Walker=MGS3-III

noted! Thank you.

4. Quote Originally Posted by dog$ View Post
    31 posts over 8½ months is a hype train to you? OK.

Why do you write such stupid and unnecessary shit.
    You go for the parenthesis without reading the first statement? I was alluding that a AAA franchise such as MGS can't even drum up the usual Hype Train that AAA games have, simply because no one Gives a Shit about the PSP.

Then you go and prove me right (31 posts in 8.5 months).

Stupid and unnecessary indeed.
    Last edited by Hero; 09 Jun 2010 at 02:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I... I love the PSP =[

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    You go for the parenthesis without reading the first statement?
    There's nothing that was needed to be said in response.

Yes, the game's out. Moving on.
    I was alluding that a AAA franchise such as MGS can't even drum up the usual Hype Train that AAA games have
    ok
    simply because no one Gives a Shit about the PSP.
    I don't think it's that simple.

By that logic, because there wasn't a huge hype train drummed up for MGS Touch, nobody cares about the iPhone.

Regardless, any treatment that I would get if I were to go into every thread about every DS and PSP game and bitch about how I believe it's worthless garbage that nobody should spend money or time on is what I'm giving you because you felt it necessary to go to a thread about a PSP game to proclaim that Nobody Gives A Shit About The PSP.

Welcome to my world.
    Then you go and prove me right (31 posts in 8.5 months).

Stupid and unnecessary indeed.
    If you knew there was no hype train, and I knew there was no hype train, then we all knew that there was no hype train so therefore you had no need to say that there was no hype train.

Hence, what you posted was very much in fact stupid and unnecessary.

DJ, you should be okay to go straight to peace walker, as Portable Ops' story is irrelevant to the overall plot. It really only details why Big Boss left America and how he became a leader instead of just a soldier. However, if the game interests you play it first, I liked Portable Ops but Peace Walker shits all over it.
    Last edited by GohanX; 09 Jun 2010 at 07:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    You go for the parenthesis without reading the first statement?
    Well if he combined them it makes it sound like you're saying that if you fail to notice something then no one saw it. That's false, in case you're wondering.

9. If a tree falls in the woods...

10. I bought this today. So it has Co-op but its only local?? WTF? Is there any points in the game where I need more players? Also, is it possible to go into cover but not have to hold the button in? Other than that this game is pretty awesome. Much better than Portable Ops! The slight auto aim makes this very playable.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"