Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

1. Neo-Geo Pocket Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

I know, I know, MGS4 and Portable Ops were butt this series is a joke blah blah blah. I'm fully aware that I have battered housewife syndrome with this series.

TGS demo is out, all in moonspeak unfortunately:
    http://psp.ign.com/articles/102/1027904p1.html

I liked it. The controls and presentation are farrrrr better than Portable Ops.

Protip: Hold d-pad right to select weapons. Equip the grenade and throw it at the chain-link gate in the tutorial area to advance to the proper stages.

TGS trailer:

OMG Shagohod Mk.II

2. I actually just finished MGS4 two days ago after putting it off since release. I really loved it and thought it was a fitting ending to the Snake saga. I have Portable Ops and only played about an hour of it. I'm thinking about getting on that next.

Anyway, I saw the trailer for this yesterday and I am looking forward to it. Fuck the haters.

3. I really dig Portable Ops, but have yet to play Plus. This looks to be way more long-winded but as long as it's still interesting to play I'm in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

4. Fucking PSP.

I think this is going to be like Contra 4 to me. I really want to play it, and I really don't want to play it on a fucking portable.

6. I wish you could play PSP games on the PS3, cause I don't have one.

I did just finish MGS4 though (we only got a PS3 about a month ago), and I loved it. The segregation of it into acts irked the flow of it a bit for me (compared to Snake Eater), but my god, the gameplay was so much fun, and the cutscenes are well worth watching.

Seeing as Kojima has a huge influence on this project I'm highly interested.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Fucking PSP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

8. I wonder if there's any chance this will get ported to PS2 like other PSP titles. Silent Hill Origins for example. Seems too grand a story and spot in Metal Gear lore to shove on a portable only. Aint no way im playing this.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

I used to hope for PS2 ports, like Vice City Stories, but the tech is just too worn out now. 3D games have no business on the PS2 now. It's hard to even delineate between it and the PSP, so either one is an automatic pass for 3D games now.

I can't believe I am saying this, but maybe they'll pretty it up and put it on the Wii.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    *fart*
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322