Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Software for re-encoding video.

1. Software for re-encoding video.

I have some HD movies that my PC chokes on, so I want to re-encode them at a lower resolution.
    Any recommendations?

2. I'd have plenty of answers for you... if you were on Mac OS X. Windows-wise, I'm not really sure. Best suggestion I could give would be to check out FFMPEG; I've never really been a fan of how techie and clunky it is for doing stuff, but it's free and might get the job done.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

3. I'll look into that. I'm currently using Windows Media Encoder 9, but for some retarded reason they removed batch processing from the program andd made it command line only. That wouldn't even be so bad if the documentation that they supplied actually told you how to use it. I swear microsoft has the worst documentation in the industry.

4. I Use "Download YouTube As MP4" by Tech Raga as a youtube video rip device. Problem is that right now Zune HD doesn't play MP4 all that great and misses every other video that is of decent quality. I have no idea what is freakin out the software right now but if you guys can recomend me a re-encoder or tell me what to set "Any Video Encoder" to before I press enter; I will appreciate the help greatly.

<end weird stream of concience sentance>
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I hear Balrog's moveset includes the Fried Chicken Right Cross, The Watermelon Wipeout Punch, and the Welfare Blaster.
    I SWEAR IF YOU BITCH ABOUT TWINSTICKS I WILL BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YOUR ASS

5. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

VLC should be able to do this.

6. Well, Windows Media Encoder should be able to produce .wmv files that work with the Zune HD, but the lack of batch encoding is a serious pain in the ass if you need to re-encode multiple files.

7. you could always grab a windows build of ffmpeg, and write a .bat file for easy drag & drop action

not batch, but easier than typing the command out a dozen times (plus you could probably make something to easily do batch encoding)

If you're a nerd.

9. Software for re encoding video

i got my Westinghouse for 399 with a 50 rebate from the Egg, and not everybody has a Frys. they dont do online do they?

What the fuck does that have to do with anything?