Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: "Man, Japan is over. We're done. Our game industry is finished."

1. Of those three, RE5 is the one I don't care about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Japan is just emo and needs a reason to get effeminate men to doll up and croon love songs for their disinterested sweetheart of a waning industry.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

RE5, like RE4, is so much better when you get the traditional controls the fuck out of it. The M/K and the Wii remote make such a huge difference.

4. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Of those three, RE5 is the one I don't care about.
    Same I just never liked the RE series. Any love I had for it was gone after Zombie Revenge and Dead Rising came out.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MarsKitten View Post
    Same I just never liked the RE series. Any love I had for it was gone after Zombie Revenge and Dead Rising came out.
    Left 4 Dead has replaced it in my heart. I liked 4 but didn't LOVE it. The bloom fell off the rose on the series the second that Napoleon midget showed up in Code Veronica.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. TO BE FAIR: I have been playing some great Japanese games lately. Demon's Souls, Half-Minute Hero, Wizard of Oz. Plus, the one Western-developed game that I really wanted to play in the last week is turning out to be utter ass.

However, that said, I still have played and enjoyed far too many Western games as of late, and I've played too many Japanese games that feel like they were developed 10+ years ago.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

7. TGS blew, but Japan's still got Capcom, the arcade developers, and other stuff here and there. We're just done with the time when Japan's big budget games could compete with America's big budget games, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    Plus, the one Western-developed game that I really wanted to play in the last week is turning out to be utter ass.
    Which one out of curiosity?

9. Tain: Yeah I'll go with that for now. You know except: MGS, the Vanias, Capcom's usual, Square, Nintendo and oh shit there's lots of big budgeters left.

As for L4D: I love the shit out of that game, but my RE love died with Dead Rising.

The fact that you listed Castlevania as a big budget series shows that you are living in the past. Hopefully the new one will turn it around, but it's been gone for a long time.