Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Threads not going to last unread post

1. Threads not going to last unread post

I just noticed this today and was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem. When I click on a thread the last post will appear, but then the page will automatically re-load and then I'll find myslef on the top of the page the last post is on and I have to scroll down.

Likewise, when I post something, my post will appear, but then the page will re-load and again I'll be at the very top of the page and will have to scroll down to see my post. It even happened just now when I made this thread.

BTW, I'm usuing IE, lol @ me and all that 133t bullshit.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. so something (I am assuming javascript) is telling your browser to scroll back to the top of the page instead of the anchor in the url (#postXXXXXXX)

any specific version of ie, any specific add-ons for it? also what forums skin are you on

3. I believe I can answer those for him.

HoTrack
    Pimps&Hustlas Gold
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. IE 7, no specific add-ons, using TNL 4.0. As a goof I tried a different skin (Classic Remix) and the same thing happened.

*edit* Doc.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 07 Oct 2009 at 03:36 PM.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. I fired up ie8 in ie7 compatibility mode, but it seems to work fine... google is telling me that it's probably an ie7-specific bug, since there are lots of them involving anchored urls it seems

6. Weird, since it just started today and I didn't change a thing. I guess I'll just upgrade to 8. Thx, cka.

7. you should do that anyway 8 is better than 7

8. For some reason I can't read the last page of the left 4 dead thread in game discussion. Every time I click on it, it takes me to the page prior. I have even tried roundabout ways like last page and such, but to no avail. I am also running ie 7 (well firefox, but ie 7 is also installed), and I can't switch to 8 because protools has issues with 8.

I really want to know when the next left for dead comes out but I am too lazy to look it up. Yet somehow not too lazy to make this post. Strange how that works. FIX IT CKA!
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

9. It does that shit to me all the time now in Firefox as well. And I do believe Josh has had the same problem. I think it's a vbulletin thing, because I've had the same problem at Toucharcade as well.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Its not a real last page. It only happens when the last post is a multiple of 50.