Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Glorious Dawn

1. That initial Glorious Dawn remix is coming out as a vinyl single.

On the B-Side is a reproduction of the Voyager gold disc engraving. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. This sort of stuff always gets me. Cosmology in general, and besides the fact that these concepts are mind-blowing, they all seem to have these really potent dualities. I guess that's why it seems fitting for science to enter the realm of poetry and vice-versa. They can be polar opposites or they can be one and the same.

It really is crazy and beautiful the way that all of the universal truths are interconnected, and it's awesome to see people that are so passionate about it and can speak on it so well.

Listening to someone like this is almost comforting, for whatever reason. Sometimes it seems weird to me that we get so wrapped up in what we've created around ourselves when the most important ideas must have to do with what's inside ourselves and with what's way the fuck out in space. Humanity would benefit from looking in both of these directions more often, imo.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    That was really cool, actually. I'm surprised.
    same here
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    That isn't a robot. That's the world's largest 8 year old.

4. They played this on The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe for Carl Sagan Day a couple weeks ago, which is why it's blown up all of a sudden.

Carl Sagan was so awesome.

edit - Also, there's a good torrent out there for Carl's 'Cosmos' which is where the samples for the song come from.
    Last edited by Detour; 19 Nov 2009 at 12:12 AM.
    ABOUT ME.

"Underground music should have its back turned, it needs to be gone, untrackable, unreadable"

Cosmos is also on Netflix instant.

6. Yeah just got done watching that. Brilliant, worth the monthy fee for that alone

7. The dude put his third Symphony of Science video up (A Glorious Dawn being the first and We Are All Connected being the second).

8. Glorious Dawn and We are Connected are awesome. Something is missing with "Our place in the Cosmos". Its like the Chorus is too long or something.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

9. Magnets in 2016

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. I believe the great ICP said it best, "Fucking magnets, how do they work? And I don't wanna talk to a scientist. Y'all motherfuckers lying and getting me pissed." Ah, enlightenment.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill