Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: I Bought My First Mac

1. I Bought My First Mac

I got a Mini-Mac. I bought it mainly to test drivers and training.

So what are some cools apps I can play with and any other geeky IT Mac tips you fellow TNL'rs can bestow upon me. Please advise.

Try the iKillYourself
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

3. lol.

4. I'm gonna try the iBeatYouUpNextTimeWeMeetUp App. I heard it rocks.

5. I use a Mac because I was tired of being assaulted by the hostile user experience of Windows. And because Areo looks and runs like poo. And because I don't have to worry about stupid shit like drivers and dlls and defragmenting and other worthless shit.

That said I don't have any cool tricks or applications that I use. Sometimes I write documents with Word. Sometimes I play nethack.

Yay macs!

6. Yeah, I'm a total Mac noob but I'll learn it in a few weeks.

Six - I'm happy with Windows 7 so far and maybe you can give that a shot to ease up the ghey Vista experience you experienced.

Come on bitches, gimme some 3l33t PR0 TiPZ!

7. I was a mac noob once. I used my wifes old laptop. That was the beginning of discovering that windows is awful at everything except playing games and the good games are on xbox anyway.

Shit, if I have to install windows to play some game it'll be XP. "7" can fuck itself. It's not the "bugs" so much as the "why are there fifteen hidden menus required to accomplish one simple task? who designed this shit?"

Oh oh oh oh get an iphone and mobileme and revel in the magic air sync awesomeness of calendar updating.

8. Get Adium if you use AIM, MSN chat, Yahoo chat, etc. Leopard and after has a dictionary built in to Spotlight.
    Have fun with it.

Isn't that better than zing or I don't get it?
    Donk

9. Quote Originally Posted by Netwurked View Post
    Yeah, I'm a total Mac noob but I'll learn it in a few weeks.

Six - I'm happy with Windows 7 so far and maybe you can give that a shot to ease up the ghey Vista experience you experienced.

Come on bitches, gimme some 3l33t PR0 TiPZ!
    Your mom and I played just the tip last night.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 15 Oct 2009 at 10:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. Yep yep, Adium is good stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!