Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Large format scanners!

1. Large format scanners!

I'm going to get an A3 scanner so I can finally scan animation paper in one shot. Looking around, basically the only affordable option seems to be this thing.

Probably a long shot, but have any of you used this scanner? Really all it needs to do well is scan rough drawings for test, and inked drawings. So even though the color won't be top of the line it doesn't matter.

Have any of you found anything else A3 size that's affordable? I'd love to have a feed scanner but that just shoots the price through the motherfucking roof.

edit- found this A3 feed scanner.
    Last edited by cigsthecat; 14 Aug 2009 at 11:59 PM.

I might have one of these in my craigslist pile. Don't buy anything until I can check and get back to you.

3. Awesome!

4. Can't say I've used a Mustek at any point.

HOWEVER, lookit dis: http://www.dealhack.com/archives/200...ed_scanne.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Can't say I've used a Mustek at any point.

HOWEVER, lookit dis: http://www.dealhack.com/archives/200...ed_scanne.html
    Too small. It needs to do at least 10.5"X 12.5."

Also- Availability: Out of Stock

Thanks for taking a look though.

6. Yeah, sorry that's all I've got.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. I bought a Mustek in 2006 but it didn't work; I ended up buying a much more expensive scanner a few months later because that was all that was available at the time. However I knew more than a few people that had Musteks and when I was asking about it their positive comments were usually "it is cheap" and "it's good if you're just scanning in lineart", so it seems like it'd be fine for what you want.

Also saw someone mention today that they used the Brother scanner one model up from what you linked to and they said it was better than the Musteks. 's all I've got.

LOL what I have is a hp scanjet 5300c so... I don't even know.

9. Quote Originally Posted by rezo View Post
    I bought a Mustek in 2006 but it didn't work; I ended up buying a much more expensive scanner a few months later because that was all that was available at the time. However I knew more than a few people that had Musteks and when I was asking about it their positive comments were usually "it is cheap" and "it's good if you're just scanning in lineart", so it seems like it'd be fine for what you want.

Also saw someone mention today that they used the Brother scanner one model up from what you linked to and they said it was better than the Musteks. 's all I've got.
    What did you end up getting?

Newegg's got a deal on the Brother for $219 shipped and it has a document feeder...I think I may have to go with that. Being able to shove a pile of drawings in there and having it deal with it is too tempting. Combined with software for registration correction it could be just what I need. They're really good about returns/replacements so I should be covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    LOL what I have is a hp scanjet 5300c so... I don't even know.
    Yeah, too small. Thanks for checking though.

10. I got a Microtek Scanmaker 9800XL. I chose it because I had used one before and there was only one other scanner in its price range(around $1100), although looking at the reviews now it seems like I'm lucky it's still working.