Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Giveaway: 52 inch RP HDTV (pick up in Brooklyn)

1. Giveaway: 52 inch RP HDTV (pick up in Brooklyn)

I bought a new HDTV so my old one is up for grabs. I just want it to go to a good home so I am giving it away to any NYC/LI TNLer who is willing to pick it up within the next several days. I will not deliver since I can just put it out on curbside and it will disappear in 10 minutes.

It is a JVC HD-iLA (kinda like DLP without the color wheel) rear projection HDTV (720p, but can accept 1080i signal). Only caveat is that the HDMI port is flakey, you can hook up a PC via HDMI but 360/PS3 are no good. You can still use it for gaming via component.

The stand is custom for the TV so it is free as well. The stand lets you tilt the TV about 30 degrees to left/right. I still have the original documentation and remote.

Some pictures below, they were taken last night.

EDIT: The TV weights about 80lbs, so it is pretty light.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	021 cr.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	181.6 KB 
ID:	49632   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	018cr.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	203.3 KB 
ID:	49633   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	032 cr.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	159.5 KB 
ID:	49634  

2. I'd love to take it off your hands. Let me see if I can find a truck to borrow. Do you know if BD players work with the HDMI port by any chance?
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. Cool, would love to give this to you. I don't think the BD player will work, since I can't get the PS3 to work

4. Any idea on why it doesn't work? I'll let you know tomorrow drop me your cell phone number. I want a bigger HD set, my current one is a 32 inch one, so this would be an awesome step up but I mostly watch BDs.
    Where I play
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. I have no idea. It is weird that I can hook up the PC to it via HDMI and it is fine, but the game systems is no go. Maybe a handshake issue. Not sure if it is something that can be fixed easily.

6. I'm gonna make some phone calls tomorrow to see if I can find some one with a truck that I can use, and maybe call some of the TV repair places and ask about that.

How soon do you want to get ride of it? I know during the week with work I'm gonna be working late every night this coming week cause a commercial needs to get out the door ASAP. So during this week is a no go.
    Where I play

7. I want to get rid of it asap (kinda eye sore in my small living room). If you are DEFINITELY taking it, then I don't mind waiting for a few days, otherwise I will offer to my neighbor and I am sure he will have a friend who will take it.

8. I REALLY want to take it. I just need to find some one with a truck that has the time to ride out to Brooklyn, I doubt I'll be able to this weekend, just cause its last minute notice, but I bet I could do it next weekend. Let me know if that works for you.
    Where I play

9. HOw soon can you give me a definite answer (day/time) for next week?

10. What one did you end up buying?