Thread: Jin-Roh: cheap basic or expensive special version?

1. Jin-Roh: cheap basic or expensive special version?

Well, at Walmart tonight I saw the basic version of Jin-Roh for $15. I thought this sounded good, but remembered the Limited edition at Best Buy for $50. So basically, I want to know what sort of extras the Limited has and if they're worth the additional $35... I know it includes a soundtrack, so I particularly want to know how good the music is, as well as whatever other extras there are.

Thnx in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Re: Jin-Roh: cheap basic or expensive special version?

Originally posted by LordPerrin
    Well, at Walmart tonight I saw the basic version of Jin-Roh for $15. I thought this sounded good, but remembered the Limited edition at Best Buy for $50. So basically, I want to know what sort of extras the Limited has and if they're worth the additional $35... I know it includes a soundtrack, so I particularly want to know how good the music is, as well as whatever other extras there are.

Thnx in advance.
    Just get the basic one. Its cheaper and has the movie, so that's good enough. You don't need all that extra crap. Same goes for Akira Special addition vs. Basic.

3. I got the regular edition. The soundtrack is good, but I doubt you would enjoy it without the movie. There aren't many memorable songs on the soundtrack, mostly mood music.
    pwned by Ivan

4. Originally posted by Green
    I got the regular edition. The soundtrack is good, but I doubt you would enjoy it without the movie. There aren't many memorable songs on the soundtrack, mostly mood music.
    I didn't pay much attention to the soundtrack.

5. Same here, Just got the basic version. Cool movie, but those extras dont worth extra $35. Use that money to buy more Anime instead

6. Originally posted by Despair
    Same here, Just got the basic version. Cool movie, but those extras dont worth extra $35. Use that money to buy more Anime instead
    Yeah, what Tim Curry said.

7. www.dvdplanet.com has the special edition for $38.99

that's where i got mine.

I would say get the special edition. The "extra crap" is one of the things that makes the DVD format so nice.

Plus, the packaging is much better. And the soundtrack is good.

9. i picked up the special edition at dvd planet for all the reasons 88 stated. no point in skimping on the extras if it's there.