Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: RPG Recommendations for PSP

1. RPG Recommendations for PSP

Portable rpgs are the way to go for me and there are a ton for the PSP. The only one I own is Jeanne D'Arc which was pretty good. What are some of the lesser known titles that are around 20 hours or so and still enjoyable?
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

2. Persona: Wonderful old-school RPG if you can get into old-school RPGs.
    Brave Story: Interest visual style, and not a bad little RPG.
    Crimson Gem Saga: From what I played, very pretty 2D sprite JRPG, but battles can drag a bit as character-to-monster balance isn't what it should be.
    Half-Minute Hero: Not a true RPG in the classic sense, but still quite possibly one of the most jawsome PSP titles out there.
    Blade Dancer: Garbage.
    Valhalla Knights: Dungeon crawler with a combat system and party-member AI set-up that I really enjoyed. Feels clunky at times, but still fun.
    Valhalla Knights 2: Fixes some things, breaks others. I probably prefer the first.
    Legend of Heroes 2: Nothing groundbreaking, but a nice little RPG that has a decent amount of charm to it.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

Play Final Fantasy Tactics again.

4. Half Minute Hero is the greatest thing ever.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Phantasy Star Portable - though not really an RPG and more of a dungeon crawler, it does have a lengthy story mode that will keep you busy for awhile. The character creation is deepest you will find on the PSP and there are countless items to find. The game play is very good and even better if you find some friends to play ad hoc.

6. If Jeanne D'Arc counts, the MG:Acid games are among the best SRPGs of the past decade.

7. If you want a dungeon crawler try class of heroes by atlas.

8. Playing MGS Acid right now, and its definitely pretty good srpg/card game hybrid

9. Acid 2 is a billion times better.

If we're counting SRPGs, I find Wild Arms XF is quite underrated.

10. Anyone ever play PoPoLoCrois? I always thought it looked interesting but never gave it a shot.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in