Page 1 of 20 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009-2010 March to March Madness

2009-2010 March to March Madness

Season starts in a couple weeks.

Maryland is looking legit, top 3 in ACC with a top 10 recruiting class coming in next year which, by middle november, can become the nation's second best recruiting class if Tobias Harris decides on Maryland. We have 3 top 100s, 2 top 50s with commits, with 2 more top 100s, one top 10 considering us.

We've got a top 5 guard in the country this year in Vasquez and our freshman will finally provide a desperately needed inside presence.

I went to my first ever open practice this weekend. It was awesome, got to sit courtside for the scrimmages and then stand around on the court as they shot around after. Was really cool, I wish I had a Maryland shirt on to get autographed though.

One of our freshman, James Padgett, looked awesome and was gelling well with Vasquez. We're ranked #20 in preseason polls and can crack top 10 by the time we beat Villanova in December.

I'm excited for the next few years of Maryland basketball. It's a shame it's right after I graduated.

Oh, yeah. I see Maryland all the way down there in the "others receiving votes".

They received 100 votes and one of 8 ACC teams to get votes. And that's only the ESPN poll.

And we both know how little a preseason poll means, Yosh.

Less than 2 weeks until the start of the season. I can't wait.

Who cares how many received votes? You're in the Top 25, or you're not. And the Big Ten has more in than the ACC does.

And I agree that a preseason poll is shit, although not as bad as the football one.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Oh, yeah. I see Maryland all the way down there in the "others receiving votes".
    Oh yeah, well where the fuck's Purd-...oh.

7 > 13 (UW)

(zomg we're preseason ranked!)
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

6. I really don't know anything about the team this year (other than David Lighty & Evan Turner) but, GO BUCKS!

It's nice to see the Big Ten so well represented in the top 25. Although these pre-season polls really don't mean much.
    Last edited by Timber; 31 Oct 2009 at 11:55 AM.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

Ohio State is apparently loaded at guard.

Sweet, MD hit the rankings and follow it up with losses to both (an underrated) Cincinnati and Wisconsin!

Fuck Greivis Vasquez. I hope deciding to come back to school costs him an NBA future. He's atrocious, and the team is shooting about 50% from the FT line. I have tickets to MD-Villanova at the Verizon Center next Sunday and I don't even know if it's worth going to.

9. Cincinnati is legit.

Their center is a beast and their guards Dixon and Vaughn are money. Stephenson is green but will provide greatness in spurts.
    Last edited by jyoung; 25 Nov 2009 at 08:00 PM.

10. Evan Turner got his second triple-double in the past month last night. Which equals the number of them Ohio State has had in their entire school history prior to this year.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in