Page 1 of 42 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Official MLB Hot Stove Thread

1. Official MLB Hot Stove Thread

Fresh off the World Series and we are already seeing some moves.

- Angels resign OF Bobby Abreu to a 2 year extension.

Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse reports that Bobby Abreu's two-year contract with the Angels is worth $19 million in guaranteed money.

According to Price, Abreu will make $9 million per season with a $1 million buyout or $9 million option for 2012 that can become guaranteed based on plate appearances.

- Red Sox pick up OF Jeremy Hermida from the Marlins for lefties Hunter Jones and Jose Alverez.

- Clint Hurdle is the new hitting coach for the Texas Rangers.

- Royals have agreed to trade Mark Teahen to the White Sox in exchange for Chris Getz and Josh Fields.

- Cardinals and Scott Boras are discussing a potential contract for Matt Holliday.

Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the Cardinals may have discussed the framework of a contract with Matt Holliday's agent Scott Boras.

According to Strauss, the deal would be worth $96 million over six years, which, if true, probably isn't enough to get it done, especially with Boras comparing Holliday's value to that of Mark Teixeira, who signed an eight-year, $180 million contract with the Yankees last December. Holliday, who will be entering his age 30 season in 2010, batted .313/.394/.515 with 24 homers and 109 RBI this season. He hit .353/.419/.604 with a 1.023 OPS in 63 games with the Cardinals.

2. There's only one player I want this offseason: John Lackey.

I predict that Omar Minaya will overpay for a Hispanic player who will miss at least 50 games.

4. Little Timmy Lincecum loves the weed.

Lincecum caught with pot

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I predict that Omar Minaya will overpay for a Hispanic player who will miss at least 50 games.
    lol

Jays have expressed interest in resigning Scutaro, Rod Barajas and John MacDonald.

...and are looking at aging ("veteran") lefty John Halama.

*sigh*

I want Lackey too.

Quote Originally Posted by raystorm View Post
    Little Timmy Lincecum loves the weed.

Lincecum caught with pot
    Could you really be surprised with that hair?

7. I really like the Hermida move for the Sox. While the luster has faded a bit, Hermida was a rising star and I think he still makes it.

8. Best news of the offseason so far, and it could only happen to the a Dodger....Vicente Padilla "accidentally" shoots himself in the leg. This should help his chances of signing a big contract!:

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/ne...t=.jsp&c_id=la

Also, Manny Ramirez has until November 10th to exercise his $20 million player option for next year. Randy Wolf, John Garland, Orlando Hudson, and Ronnie Belliard also filed for free agency.

So, the Dodgers really need a 2nd Baseman with some pop, two number one starters, and some bullpen help going into next year. They wont get any of these things though of course

9. JJ Hardy for Carlos Gomez...
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

10. Manny Ramirez exercises his option and is going to stay with the Dodgers, because nobody will play the bum $20 million dollars next year. I'm thinking that Juan Pierre might see a lot more playing time next year....because Manny just looked HORRIBLE the last few months of the season.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/