Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Designer Bag Competition

1. Designer Bag Competition

Former classmate/awesome artist Nancy Chiu has a designer bag up for vote at http://www.seatbeltbags.com/introvotetote1.html - if she wins the design goes on sale, there's a prize, royalties, and all that jazz. I'm trying to help get the word out since, in my not so unbiased opinion, her design trounces the competition.

If you agree, beg to differ, or want to argue the merits of designer bags, let me know!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

2. Why don't they give us a bigger preview of the bags? Fucking amateurs over at Harveys. Anyway, many of the bag designs are really good. I voted for your friend Nancy, but I think I would have normally voted for Katie Shutte. She's currently in the lead, as of my vote. There are a few good looking ones up there, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. I voted for your friend also, but I have to be honest I really didn't like any of the designs. All of them felt too, hmmm I don't know the word I'm looking for. A bit forced, a bit this is what I think is hip now, I don't know they all felt lacking to me in some way.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. Well, I'm perfectly biased to nancy because she really is an amazing illustrator and her bag design is very much in line with her overall art style. So in that sense I can't see it as forced, but can totally see how someone not familiar with her or her work could.

And thanks for the vote, guys!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I voted for your friend also, but I have to be honest I really didn't like any of the designs. All of them felt too, hmmm I don't know the word I'm looking for. A bit forced, a bit this is what I think is hip now, I don't know they all felt lacking to me in some way.
    I think you can pick out the genuine article in this from the pretenders. Usually the individual artwork making up the "collage" style these days will be good. The shitty ones always have shitty individual pieces of art making up the overall shitty collage design. Still, I don't think being trendy is necessarily bad at all. Good, or fun artwork is still good even if it's shiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Voted. Nancy's was the ONLY one I liked. Little birdies with flower petals? Adorable! I will send this to some of my friends.

I also like her picture of owls in the glass bottles.

7. Voted for Nancy as well. I was looking through them and not looking at the names, but I stopped on hers and it was the only one that really intrigued me and struck me as something I would see someone carrying. I hope she wins.

8. thanks again folks =)

9. I was bad. I voted for her using three different IPs (phone and PCs) so far. But that's how we do it in Chicago. I'll buy a bag and donate it to charity if it's produced.

10. Hey, I got about 20 more votes just posting this in my blog. I hope your friend is trying to get more votes, because that other girl Katie is still about 200 votes ahead. =/