Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Clash of the Titans

1. I just read that Bubo will not appear in the new one in any major fashion. Although they hint at a cameo type thing.

From the Empire article they seem to be making this a toned down God of War/300, "for the whole family" as the director put it. Tonally wrong, but I wouldn't really want Clash of the Titans to be really violent and have a bunch of rad titties in it.

2. I hope they haven't fucked this up, just watched the original last night and although a remake is necessary as far as the effects go, they really should keep the heart of the movie in tact.

3. What are you talking about? The effects are the best part of the original.

4. I'm with Mr-K here. I will see this movie because I loved the original but I'm really bummed out that the special effects aren't claymation.

5. While I like Claymation special effects, don't be stupid, of course they aren't going to do it today, it would get laughed off the screen by their target audience.

There's a thin like between quirky and stupid for most people.

6. Quote Originally Posted by magnifiedplaid View Post
    Score one for missing the entire point of the original movie.
    QFMFT!

There are certain movies you shouldn't remake. HEY GUESS WHAT? THIS IS FUCKING ONE OF THEM! JESUS.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K View Post
    What are you talking about? The effects are the best part of the original.
    if you feel that way then I guess the remake will be useless to you, I always felt the movie was great but if any movie was deemed necessary to have a remake... this one stood out. I think some of the effects were fine in the original, but some were just too crude to ignore (even as a kid I realized the vulture looked completely fake). Shit, I would love to see a version where they just redo some of the animation in the original and leave the rest of the movie alone... although I realize that would be kinda stupid, still would be cool to watch.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    QFMFT!

There are certain movies you shouldn't remake. HEY GUESS WHAT? THIS IS FUCKING ONE OF THEM! JESUS.
    No it isn't. There are many things that could be improved in this movie. Making it into a rock radio, gritty action fest misses the point, but a lot could be done with the premise.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    QFMFT!

No it isn't. There are many things that could be improved in this movie. Making it into a rock radio, gritty action fest misses the point, but a lot could be done with the premise.

The original animation was a kitsch throwback--a kind of last hurrah for that kind of special effects. Harryhausen effects have a unique appeal, and by 1981 was way out dated in terms of realism (I mean, Empire came out the year before). It was a stylistic choice rather than budgetary.

The concept could work with super sweet modern effects, and from what I've read there are quite a bit of practical effects being used in this movie as well.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe View Post
    I will see this movie because I loved the original but ...
    That is exactly why you should NOT see this movie!