Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Clash of the Titans

1. Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX View Post

That's gotta be one of the most redundant tag lines in history. It'd be like "World War 2 - The World At War A Second Time!"
    Well, there is also a movie coming out called "Ninja Assassin". That's kind of like making a movie called "Trucker Driver" or "Cleaner Washer".

I guess the kids just need to hear it more than once these days.

2. Do you try to be wrong about everything or is that just your natural state of being?

3. Seriously, you haters need to take a step back a really think this out for a sec; This movie should absolutely be remade, it begs for it. With all the leaps that current technology offers effects wise, this could be a visual orgasm. Scripting, well, they picked the wrong time to remake it as far as that goes, it could still be well written, but with the current attitude in Hollywood in regard to subject matter for "blockbuster" films, it's probably gonna miss the mark by just a bit, still if they retain much of the premise and spirit of the original, modern writing sensibilities being what they are, this thing could be worth a viewing, even if we get no titties, and if we don't, they will be missed.
    Last edited by Shine; 18 Nov 2009 at 12:17 AM.

4. Posters.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clashposternew1.jpg 
Views:	871 
Size:	131.6 KB 
ID:	50501   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clashposternew2.jpg 
Views:	869 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	50502   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clashposter3.jpg 
Views:	867 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	50503  
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

5. Yes, those are posters.

I know I have a rep for hating on remakes, but I agree that this is one movie that would benefit from the treatment. As good as the original was, the effects are pretty fucking hurtin' by today's standards.

BTW, is the goofy robo-owl in this movie? I hope so.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

How exactly does this miss the point of the original?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

7. Sword fighting - check
    Medusa head - check
    Giant Scorpion - check

Rock video- no
    No Robo Owl - No
    God of War lite - No No No!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

8. No robo-owl? FUCK.

BUBO!! BUBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

10. I'm showing the original "Clash of the Titans" to my class right now. I show it every year, right before Christmas break, because we study Greek Mythology right before Christmas, and we start reading "The Odyssey" after Christmas....its just the odd way my districts' pacing guide breaks down.

I bring this up, because it disgusts me how much front loading I have to do, in order to get kids to appreciate the movie. If I pop it right in, without saying anything, the kids say "God, this movie SUCKS! THE SPECIAL FX SUCK FUCKING ASS! THIS IS SHITTY!!!" So, I always have to do a short lesson on the history of Ray Harryhausen, his stop motion FX, and how much time/human craftmanship has to be put into creating a movie with this type of FX. I just wish the kids could enjoy this movie WITHOUT me having to explain this stuff to them, because its a fucking classic and kids are just disrespectful.

I also kind of hope the new movie BOMBS hardcore, and nobody likes it....because I don't want to hear the kids say "Why can't we watch the 2010 version!?" every year that I try to show this. I'm guessing the 2010 version is probably PG-13 or R...right? On the flip side, if this is PG-13 and it rocks hardcore...maybe I can get parent permission slips for it. Rated R movies are forbidden, no matter what though, and I aint losing my job over a fucking movie.

EDIT - Just watched that new trailer...is "Damn the Gods" really the tagline for this movie? ugh. That Kraken sucks compared to the '81 Kraken too
    Last edited by magnifiedplaid; 16 Dec 2009 at 08:48 PM.