Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Clash of the Titans

1. so 3-D won't be used.

Quote Originally Posted by /Film
    Late last night we ran info about the rumor that Matt Bellamy from the band Muse would be doing supplemental music for the Louis Leterrier remake of Clash of the Titans. Quotes from Bellamy suggested that it wasn’t happening. Thanks to an interview Leterrier did today with MTV, we know for certain that Bellamy is not part of the equation. Instead, the film will have Craig Armstrong’s score (as we pointed out last night) and supplemental music from Massive Attack.

“Craig [Armstrong], he was going to write the score and Matt Bellamy was going to come in and do… maybe 30 minutes of music,” Leterrier tells MTV. “Craig Armstrong is still doing the score and I called my friend Neil Davidge from Massive Attack to replace Matt for the areas that Matt was doing. So it’ll be Craig Armstrong and Massive Attack, which is pretty exciting.”

Additionally, there were rumors that Warner Bros. was interested in doing a last-minute conversion to 3D. That isn’t happening, says Leterrier. “We tried [to do 3-D for Clash]. We tried hard. We just won’t have time,” Leterrier says. “Maybe we possibly can re-release it in 3-D.”
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. So new rock in our historical setting? Sounds a lot like Yellowcard or Blink 182 being in the Star Wars TV show CW is producing. For those soft tender moments. I guess it worked in 300.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Saw this for free last night. Its about as mediocre as you can possibly get - utterly forgettable. Felt kinda like a made for sci-fi channel movie. It was entertaining in spots I guess. I havent seen the old one in forever but from what little I can recall - this movie didnt live up to it. Medusa scene sucked ass compared to the old one for one - that scene used to scare me as a kid. The movie just flies by and the scenery is just barren and boring. Yawn. I did like the Zeus and the gods scenes though. Looked neat.

Plus mechanical owl fans are going to be pissed. They basically show it for one second and diss the hell out of it. When they are getting their weapons - the one dude pulls the metal owl out of a box and says "What the hell is this?" When hes holding it they made it look all stupid with its eyes spinning and arms waving. The the other dude says "Throw that shit back in the box!" Or something. I was like - wait a second.
    That was the talk of the people after - why did they shit on the owl?!

Thumbs down. I'd rather replay god of war than watch this over again.
    Last edited by Destro777; 30 Mar 2010 at 12:45 PM.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

4. D:<
    Donk

5. Apparenty Clash was filmed totally in 2D, with the decision to shoehorn it into 3D forced by the studio late during post-production. So far, I've read several reviews saying that the 3D effects are so fucking bad that they actually completely ruin the movie.

3D aside, I hear the movie's okay.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. I have a friend that works in a movie theater so I got to see it 3d for free. What ever you do, do not pay extra to see this movie in 3d! It's so tacked on it's bad.

7. Destro777's take is pretty much right on the money. The gods and the overall design work rock, everything else is completely 'eh.' Sam Worthington is the blandest lead actor in history. How many thousands of dicks did he have to suck to get thrust into the limelight out of nowhere like this? I just don't get it.

And yeah, the 3D effect is as big a pile of crap as I've been hearing. I'm so happy I saw this for free.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. I liked it. I was expecting it to suck, but I enjoyed it more than I thought. It was easily better than most blockbusters that come out of Hollywood these days.

What I appreciated most was it didn't try too hard to be cool. The dialogue wasn't full of Y2K-era quips, and the score wasn't wank guitars like in the trailers.

Some of the design was well-done, too, especially Charon, who was growing out of the overturned boat he piloted across the Styx. Below-decks was full of coins from previous fares, which was a nice detail. I was ready to hate on Medusa, but while the original is still classic, the remake did a pretty good job with her. The Kraken wasn't omg awesome, but it seemed more powerful than Harryhausen's. Pegasus was done better too.

The only real problems I had were the wretched mistreatment of Calibos (my favorite character from the 80s one), the horribly-unnecessary-yet-unfortunately-still-trendy shaky action cam, and the Djinn, who were basically pointless. Plus they looked like tiny Megatrons in turbans.

Sam Worthington isn't the greatest, but at least he didn't fail at Shakespeare like Harry Hamlin did. Liam Neeson was kind of wooden as Zeus, but Fiennes' Hades was gloriously overwrought. Mads Mikkelsen was under-utilized too, but took advantage of his scenes like he usually does.

The changes to the story kind of sucked, but that's not why you go to see a film like this anyway. Oh I hated frickin Bubo, even as a kid, so I didn't care about that.

I think the lame trailers and taglines obscure what's actually a pretty darn good fantasy action film. I think it's one of the better remakes of this mostly lamentable wave.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Apparenty Clash was filmed totally in 2D, with the decision to shoehorn it into 3D forced by the studio late during post-production. So far, I've read several reviews saying that the 3D effects are so fucking bad that they actually completely ruin the movie.

3D aside, I hear the movie's okay.
    If I heard correctly, they paid $100k per film minute to shoehorn 3-d into the movie. There's been very few movies recently actually filmed in 3-d. They're all trying to capitalize on the Avatar craze.

10. Just got back from it. If I wasn't with my brother I would have walked out.