Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Don't Miss List

2009 Don't Miss List

While only a troglodyte would miss a huge, universally adored, multiplatform game like Batman: Arkham Asylum, every year that passes sees great games overlooked by too many people because of their platform, a lack of hype, or other unfortunate reasons. Like a gamers' bucket list, we should collectively create a list of these games for 2009 to ensure that they get the attention they deserve... at least here.

So what is your one game that cannot be missed but has been by too many people in 2009 and why?

I'll start us off...
    Shatter (PSN)

I cannot think of a better way to spend $8 (at least if it's going to a game) than Sidhe Interactive's Shatter on the PlayStation Network. It's a fusion of Arkanoid and Gradius essentially, but I would argue that it is far better than the most recent editions in both of those series. Too many people (including myself at times) buy too much garbage on XBLA and forget what PSN and WiiWare offer. This is as good a game as any to start correcting that mistake.

3. Outrun Online Arcade (PSN/XBLA)

Supremely fun, simple arcade racer. I dig the hell out of it. There's not a lot to it, and I'd argue that's The Point.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 11 Dec 2009 at 02:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Shatter (PSN)
    Wow, that looks really good and I didn't even know it existed until right now. I think I have enough left in my wallet to grab this later today.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    Wow, that looks really good and I didn't even know it existed until right now. I think I have enough left in my wallet to grab this later today.
    Awesome. This thread already isn't a waste.

6. My first inclination is of course to list something like Princess in Love, but this thread has potential, so I'll leave it alone.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 11 Dec 2009 at 05:27 PM. Reason: spelling.

7. Defense Grid: The Awakening. Don't come to me with your shit about 'all tower defense games suck' either. PC or XBLA, plays great on both. Well worth the price of admission.
    Last edited by AaronChance; 11 Dec 2009 at 02:16 PM.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

8. Tower defense games suck.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 11 Dec 2009 at 02:16 PM. Reason: tihs ho

9. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Tower defense games suck.
    And here I wasn't going to mention you recommended a shit version of Outrun 2. Was your second choice Soul Calibur XBLA?
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

10. Well well!