Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Plasma sucks

1. I love my plasma, beautiful picture, fast response, amazing color, wide angle viewing, excellent shadow detail and deep blacks. Image Retention is minimal and the price is right (a little over 1000 for a 50").

LCD/LED LCD are both good TVs too, none of them are perfect anyway so just get what you want and enjoy it.

2. I'm thinking whatever I end up getting has to be 120 hz, 1080p and around 37 - 40 inches. Leaning towards LCD (not really sure why to be honest) and not sure of the brand I would get. Gonna have to do some research.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I'm thinking whatever I end up getting has to be 120 hz, 1080p and around 37 - 40 inches. Leaning towards LCD (not really sure why to be honest) and not sure of the brand I would get. Gonna have to do some research.
    120 hz is only for LCD, and to be honest, I don't like it for movies/games. It might be okay for sports. Plasma don't have the 120hz, but marketing genius came up with these 600hz subfield BS that basically means nothing.

4. I've got a 720p Panasonic Viera Plasma and it blows away every LCD I've ever seen.

5. Somebody's living in phantasy land.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. I have no tolerance for motion blur and I love the color contrast of a plasma.