OLED
    LED
    LCD
    DLP
    B/W TUBES
    PLASMA <-- SUCKS!
    COLOR TUBES

Discuss.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Color tube has to be in the top 3.

Unless you don't like any game systems before the current era.

And in that case you suck.

Plasma sucks.

3. I do, in fact, have a 19" 80's Zenith hooked up to my NES and Atari 2600.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

I have a netflix 360 hooked up to my LCD HDTV because fuck having anything else hooked up.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    Color tube has to be in the top 3.
    I have an amazing 32' widescreen Sony HD CRT TV. But after moving it for the 3rd time in 4 years it's not going with me again. The thing is a beast.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

Same as Timber. That fucker is 190lbs and the shape of it makes it nearly impossible to hold.

The next TV I will get will be a plasma because they have the fastest display rates compared to tubes.

7. Quote Originally Posted by dog$ View Post
    The next TV I will get will be a plasma because they have the fastest display rates compared to tubes.
    The only reason to get a plasma at this point over an LCD is contrast ratio and black levels as far as I'm concerned. But LED's have bridged that gap and made the difference negligible while providing a significantly sharper and vibrant picture. I'm no HDTV expert, but from all of the TV's I looked at this weekend before buying mine there really isn't much reason to get a plasma at this point unless you're trying to save money. Now if they could make an OLED over 11" that's less than $7000, that would rule!

Even still, I love the plasma I purchased last year and have been nothing but happy with the picture in nearly every department. And it's only 720p.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

8. A few years ago, it wasn't even close, plasmas were so much better than LCDs. But it seems plasma tech has staled while LCDs keep getting better and better.

I still like my 32" Sony tube best.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    The only reason to get a plasma at this point over an LCD is contrast ratio and black levels as far as I'm concerned.
    Considering those two things are some of the most important for image quality count me in. I'll also enjoy the faster response times and higher motion resolution.
    But LED's have bridged that gap and made the difference negligible
    Just don't sit 15 degrees off of center
    while providing a significantly sharper and vibrant picture.
    That does not look REAL, it looks FAKE.
    I'm no HDTV expert, but from all of the TV's I looked at this weekend before buying mine
    Which is why you shouldn't judge uncalibrated tvs in unnatural lighting like in a big box store. You have to see them in your house.
    there really isn't much reason to get a plasma at this point unless you're trying to save money.
    Because you can get = or better image quality for way less money? That's a bad thing now?
    Now if they could make an OLED over 11" that's less than $7000, that would rule!
    But for now plasma will do

10. (guys, he's being absurd)

Stormy, stop being absurd.
    Donk