Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: List of LCDs that pivot to portrait mode (aka TATE)

1. List of LCDs that pivot to portrait mode (aka TATE)

Okay, so I'm convinced, after playing with Mushihime Futari 1.5, that I need to play the game in TATE mode. Unfortunately, my primary TV is a 46" LCD, and I'm not about to try TATEing it.

I'm in the market for a recently-released monitor that can switch to portrait mode physically (i.e., without the use of a Neo Flex or Ergotron stand/arm). I've found a few online, but I want a complete list of these monitors so that I can do side-by-side comparisons. I do want HDMI/VGA interfaces, for example.

Can anybody point me to a good site that offers this sort of list/comparison chart for monitors that switch to portrait mode?

Thanks!

2. the only ones I know of for sure that can do that are (older) dell panels

3. Yeah, I've seen older Dell and Gateway monitors that come with a stand which will rotate the screen ninety degrees, but other than that....

Why are you opposed to getting a third-party arm/stand? They're not that expensive, and then you can do it with whatever TV or monitor you want.

4. I know Yoshi has a stand/mount that does it. Thats your best option.

5. The only ones I've seen that do it are old 4:3 (1600x1200) models that aren't made anymore.

6. I have an older Dell LCD monitor that has the rotating stand. Too bad the monitor is going bad already, POS monitor.

7. I have this one and it's great. Unfortunately I stopped playing shooters entirely after I bought it.

8. Do they actually make rotating stands for full-sized HDTVs? It doesn't seem very practical (or likely) but I'd love to play Raiden Fighters Aces like that.

James

9. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Do they actually make rotating stands for full-sized HDTVs? It doesn't seem very practical (or likely) but I'd love to play Raiden Fighters Aces like that.

James
    Maybe not a stand (it'd have to be tall as hell), but a wall-mounted arm, I'm sure.

I flipped my old 32'' tube TV onto its side quite awhile back. It was amazing up until the screen started to turn green and purple, then I figured I'd better put it back how it was.

10. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Do they actually make rotating stands for full-sized HDTVs? It doesn't seem very practical (or likely) but I'd love to play Raiden Fighters Aces like that.

James
    there's a japanese arcade cabinet (sit-down I think, can't find a url off-hand) that can be rotated for TATE if you're down to dump like $20,000 into it!