Thread: Milestone

1. Milestone

Quote Originally Posted by http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2009/11/05/prepare-for-milestone-forever-in-2010/
    What is MILESTONE FOREVER, you ask? Well, we can take a guess, but why slow down the process? Since it’s part and parcel of what we do, being The Source and all, we talked to Milestone founder and MILESTONE FOREVER writer Dwayne McDuffie for the scoop on the new project, along with some essential back story to bring you newbies up to speed. Take it away, Dwayne:16 years ago this month, industry giant DC Comics and upstart Milestone Media entered into an unprecedented creative partnership, producing 14 interlocking, creator-owned titles including Hardware, Icon, and the multimedia hit that would best be known as Static Shock. The story Milestone chose to tell was an audacious one, larger than life on its surface, character and story-driven at its base, Humanist and multicultural at its heart. For over 250 issues, fans explored a superhero universe like no other.
    Today, nine Parents Choice awards, four Eisner Award nominations and one Emmy and Humanitas award-winning hit TV series later, Milestone is back, its continuity mysteriously merged with the DCU. While we saw the DC side of the story in “Justice League: When Worlds Collide,” Milestone Forever gathers the original artists from Milestone’s launch titles: John Paul Leon, Mark Bright, Chris Cross and Milestone Founder Denys Cowan, to complete the tales told in the original runs of STATIC SHOCK, ICON, HARDWARE, SHADOW CABINET and BLOOD SYNDICATE. Milestone Editor in Chief Dwayne McDuffie reveals the final fate of each of Milestone’s launch characters in a bittersweet tale that chronicles the literal end of a universe, and the birth of something new, with major consequences for the future of the DC Universe.

Holy shit, I just asked for a torrent on the old stuff and in my googleing I found that it's coming back.

My only concern is in what made Milestone so great was that it touched upon territory that was previously taboo in the comic world (police brutality, racial profiling, teen pregnancy, gang violence [the real kind, not Intergang,] and all other things affecting urban youth,) but with much of this stuff already commonplace in todays comic book world, what ground is left for Milestone to break and leave a new lasting legacy? Also, is bleeding this into the mainstream continuity of the DCU really a good idea?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dc_milestone-forever_lrf_091026.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	1,013.4 KB 
ID:	50514  
    Last edited by Shine; 12 Dec 2009 at 04:10 AM.