Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: Shenmue III (PS4, PC)

1. Shou probably bought that jacket.

2. We did it, guys.

*sniff*

We did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

3. I can't believe this is real. People were rumbling about it because Yu Suzuki posted a picture of a forklift of twitter and I just completely dismissed it because I'd lost hope so long ago.

4. Funded on DAY 1.

No, SEGA was right. People don't want Shenmue.

5. Sega was right. Unless this gets $100,000,000 in funding, not enough people want Shenmue.

6. I have friends overseas in Germany going nuts over this announcement.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

7. It got $2 million in a day, so it just might. The fact is that it got completely funded in 24 hours, and all Sega had to do was let Suzuki use the license. There's enough of an audience to make it worthwhile. Considering the financial condition Sega's in, I expect to see them whore out... kickstart more remakes and sequels.

8. It got $2,000,000 in a day because every nerd that cared about it got hyped up and ran to kickstarter.
    I will bet one shiny nickel that it doesnt reach the budget necessary to produce the game Suzuki wanted to do 14 years ago. Whatever this ends up being, it's not going to be the game y'all think you want.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    It got $2 million in a day, so it just might. The fact is that it got completely funded in 24 hours, and all Sega had to do was let Suzuki use the license. There's enough of an audience to make it worthwhile. Considering the financial condition Sega's in, I expect to see them whore out... kickstart more remakes and sequels.
    I suspect the total budget for this project is quite a bit more than what we're seeing here, although also probably quite a lot less than what they would have spent back in the day.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    It got $2,000,000 in a day because every nerd that cared about it got hyped up and ran to kickstarter.
    I will bet one shiny nickel that it doesnt reach the budget necessary to produce the game Suzuki wanted to do 14 years ago. Whatever this ends up being, it's not going to be the game y'all think you want.
    With tools and engines as good as they are now, you can make a game like Shenmue for a fraction of what it once cost. Stuff like Dreamfall Chapters is pretty similar in scope and style and has a budget of under $3 million. I mean hell, Witcher 2 cost like half of Shenmue 1. There was a lot of waste in Shenmue's budget.

But like I said, I'm willing to wager there's some more money behind this than just what we see on KS.