Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 35678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Shenmue III (PS4, PC)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    It got $2,000,000 in a day because every nerd that cared about it got hyped up and ran to kickstarter.
    I will bet one shiny nickel that it doesnt reach the budget necessary to produce the game Suzuki wanted to do 14 years ago. Whatever this ends up being, it's not going to be the game y'all think you want.
    The game probably won't be as expensive to make as it would have been 14 years ago. I don't think Suzuki would have gone through the trouble of getting the license and doing the game if he thought he couldn't make it the way he wanted. Going this route might actually allow him to finally have more freedom to make the sequel he's been wanting to make. That's what happened with ToeJam & Earl.

2. I don't like announcing Kickstarters in press conferences...just seems a bit...garbage

3. It shatters the illusion of independence, I guess, but when we're talking about something like this, with maybe the highest goal of any gaming KS, it seems like a good way to do it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    I don't like announcing Kickstarters in press conferences...just seems a bit...garbage
    I agree with that but being that the game is Shenmue III I'm also like I don't even give a fuck.

So I went to kickstarter just now looking to secure a physical copy and... there's no option for a physical PS4 version? The hell is that all about. I'm gonna hold off for now and hope they add it later.
    I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    But like I said, I'm willing to wager there's some more money behind this than just what we see on KS.
    Yeah. Given the way it was revealed and PS4 being the only console, it makes me think Sony was willing to put some cash into this but didn't want to risk funding the whole thing. Same thing for Sega.

6. I guess the price of the original games will skyrocket now. Shit, I never did play Shenmue II.

I would be surprised if re-releases of 1 and 2 don't come out before 3.

8. I'd enjoy that.

It's been so long since I played either that I don't even really remember anything other than the memes.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    It got $2,000,000 in a day because every nerd that cared about it got hyped up and ran to kickstarter.
    I will bet one shiny nickel that it doesnt reach the budget necessary to produce the game Suzuki wanted to do 14 years ago. Whatever this ends up being, it's not going to be the game y'all think you want.
    The only way it MIGHT work is if they do the Telltale/Life is Strange episodic model instead of doing a full fledged game.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    I don't like announcing Kickstarters in press conferences...just seems a bit...garbage
    Yeah it's very shitty.

If they really cared that much about it they'd sink that CoD/Battlefront money into it but I think they also realize that those deals make more business sense compared to Shenmue III.

10. From the Shenmue III Kickstarter FAQ page:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B9nYThH.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	76969
    I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.