Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5151718192021 LastLast

Thread: Shenmue III (PS4, PC)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Shenmue was garbage. We can all admit that at this point, right?
    It is garbage, but the good kind of garbage.

I think Shenmue 2 is legitimately good though.

2. I don't know or want to know if the Shenmue games hold up. But they were so far ahead of anything else at the time in terms of world-building. Even now, games like Yakuza and Persona 5 don't have nearly the level of detail and interactivity, even if they might have "bigger" worlds.

I'm sure the mechanics are garbage by any standard other than that era, and the bad voice acting and writing are probably pretty cringey. But no game before then made me feel like I was living in a world that way. Maybe none since, either.

I played through Shenmue 1 a year or so ago. I actually liked it more the second time around, but I remembered enough of the game that I wasn't blindly running around looking for sailors. The whole end sequence is still badass.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I wasn't blindly running around looking for sailors.
    It's good that you got a break from your normal weekends.

Your time is coming soon, dinosaur.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	__sailor_yoshi___by_jinglebell_whistle-d81186s.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	487.2 KB 
ID:	80423

I'll get you, Gadget! Next time!

9. Those faces are ps2 level bad.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

I'll give them PS3, but they're bad. This feels a little bit like KoFXIV when we first saw it. Hopefully it similarly improves.