Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 7686888990

Thread: Halo: Reach

1. I do like a bunch of points....

2. Shortly after finishing this game, I noticed there was 11MB more free space on my memory card than usual. I checked and sure enough my Halo Reach save is nowhere to be found. I started the game just to see what would happen, and it loads my save just fine. Once again, I check my storage devices, and there's no Halo Reach save.
    What the fuck.

3. Odd.

4. Some things are tied to your profile. I cannot speak for Halo: Reach but that isn't surprising. Not sure what would take 11 MB though.

5. Cloud storage?

6. My system hasn't been online in several months.
    Halo 3 and ODST have 11MB saves too for whatever reason.

7. Memory Card?

8. I never really paid attention to the save files themselves, but my guess is the 11mb file is for current campaign progress. So you'll have one of those if you have a campaign checkpoint, and you'll get the option to 'continue campaign' instead of just 'start campaign'. All of the game system data is probably tied to your gamertag as previously mentioned.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

9. It's just weird that it was there and then it wasn't.
    I can't imagine the developers saving control options and customizations in my gamertag.

10. If you beat the campaign, you would no longer have a campaign in progress, so the save would go away. This is all a guess, but it makes logical sense, to me.

I'm almost positive that the customizations are saved to your tag. Lots of games do this- scott pilgrim for example saves EVERYTHING to your tag, so you can't even delete your progress and start over without a crazy trick. That's why a new gamertag is less than 1mb, and I'm guessing yours is at least several- mine was 15mb last I checked.

It's an interesting system. Mostly invisible, and probably works for a lot of people without them realizing it. It sounds like you don't have a HDD- you could test it with some USB sticks if you wanted. But you'd have to be pretty curious and pretty bored.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner