Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Robin Hood

1. I think Crowe was a bad choice.

I'm sure I'll still see it because I like the director and source material, but man, I don't like Crowe as Robin Hood.

2. Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5286-16142.gif 
Views:	315 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	50802  
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

3. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox View Post
    I think Crowe was a bad choice.

I'm sure I'll still see it because I like the director and source material, but man, I don't like Crowe as Robin Hood.
    I agree. I am not a big Crowe fan to begin with, but I just don't see him fitting the role.

Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX View Post
    Crowe wont even be close to living up this masterful performance of Robin Hood.

I'm actually watching the first season of the BBC Robin Hood right now on Netlfix instant. It's actually really well done, and almost the entire cast does a great job.

4. I dug the BBC Robin Hood series, though I thought the dude playing Robin was a bit too small. Doesn't need to be the size of HHH, but shouldn't look like he's 120 lbs. soaking wet.

5. Anyone else see this? I though it was decent. I don't care much for Russel Crowe though, seemed kind of wooden and his accent was all over the place. I did think Kevin Durand was great as Little John, and was quite surprised by how much I liked Scott Grimes in this. When I first saw him in the trailers I thought "So the ginger from ER is Will Scarlett? Not buying it" but he did a solid job. Not a perfect movie, but IMO way better than the Kevin Costner one.
    "I don't like fellas that kill me. Not in general."

6. Canada. Fuck Yeah!

3 stars. As we were leaving, I lamented that Spartacus has ruined sword/sandal shows for me - not NEARLY enough sex/violence.
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion