Thread: In the market for a modem and wireless router

1. In the market for a modem and wireless router

I'm moving and will need to purchase a modem and router for broadband/cable. I wanted to buy a all one in device but it seems they only support DSL. Do they even make what I am looking for? Any suggestions?
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

2. Don't most cable companies give you the modem for free?
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

You actually rent it from them.

I'll sell you my router if you want it! I think it's a Belkin wireless N something or other. PM me if there is interest and I'll check when I get home.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    You actually rent it from them.
    Well yeah, but that's built into the monthly fee. I know you can buy DSL modems but I don't remember ever seeing a cable modem for sale. Of course a quick google search does confirm that you can buy cable modems.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

When I worked at Officemax we sold cable modems, but nobody ever bought them around here since TWC doesn't provide any discount if you have your own modem. We didn't have anything that was a modem and a router, but I have seen them advertized from the cable company for an extra $10 a month.

7. Don't get a modem and router in one, then if you change internets you'll lose your router. If you do a lot of media stuffs on your home network get one with the giga LANs. I'm upgrading to one of those for xmas.