Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 College Bowl Pick 'Em

1. 2009 College Bowl Pick 'Em

Picks are due before the bowl games start this Saturday afternoon.

League is up on ESPN:

http://games.espn.go.com/bowlmania/e...e=groupCreated

Password is: nick

Make sure to set your picks in order of confidence.

I forgot to do that last year and it pretty much screwed me.
    Last edited by jyoung; 17 Dec 2009 at 07:48 PM.

2. I was wondering if we were going to do this.

Don't forget the first bowl game is today.

3. Yep.

First game starts at 4 PM EST.

Get those picks in!

4. Fresno State getting upset really hurt me.

But at least I got MTSU and BYU right to get me back in the thick of things.

The Pac-10 is now 1-7 against the Mountain West this season, and probably going to 1-8 after Utah whoops up on Cal later this week.

Can we get the Mountain West in the BCS system, now?

Even a 6-6 Wyoming team from the Mountain West got it done in their bowl against Fresno.
    Last edited by jyoung; 23 Dec 2009 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wEEman33 View Post
    Can we get the Mountain West in the BCS system, now?
    No, but I am good with kicking the Pac 10 out.

6. Ideally, we could just add Utah and BYU to the PAC-10 then put TCU in the Big 12, which would drain the Mountain West of its championship caliber programs.

Then move Boston College back to the Big East and get Notre Dame into the Big 10 and all would be well as far as conference alignments go.

Fuck Notre Dame. The Big Ten is going to take Rutgers from the Big East.

8. That'd be a better idea, actually:

send Rutgers to the Big 10 and replace them with Notre Dame in the Big Least.

Notre Dame is already in there for basketball, so why not put them in there for football, too?

With Boston College also moving back home and out of the ACC, that puts the ACC back to being the basketball conference it's been since University of Florida became the only relevant school in the state.

So Geo and I are going to tie for the win in this thing. My picks were awful. I have no idea how I am at the 84% mark even.

edit: Weird. I swear Geo's max changed. I guess he has this wrapped up by himself.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 07 Jan 2010 at 02:27 PM.

10. Iowa's loss to Georgia Tech is what got you, I think. You had 16 confidence points on Iowa, I had 9, and that difference of 7 would have matched the difference in points in the final standings (360 to 353).