Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 212141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men : First Class

1. LOL

2. Because it's in every movie ever that has any kind of person doing shit with their mind.
    It looks stupid as fuck, I wish they'd stop doing it.
    Two dudes walk down a street. All of a sudden a garbage can starts hovering in the air. One dude says What the fuck! Other dude says I can manipulate shit with my mind!
    or
    Two dudes walk down a street. All of a sudden one dude says I totally agree, my sister is hot, but stay away! Other dude says What the fuck? First dude says I can fucking read minds!

Two seconds of exposition and we don't need to see people hold their heads and squint or make idiotic gestures with their hands.

3. On the one hand it can be cheesy. On the other hand I know plenty of people that have quirky movements or gestures when they concentrate. It doesn't make it unbelievable. I suppose it's the same with magneto using his hands to control magnetism when thats completely unnecessary as well... it's the fiction part that makes it unbelievable so I guess the only way to enjoy it and or any comic book would be to "suspend" this disbelief and ignore the fact that wolverine lived through nuclear holocaust.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbitron View Post
    Why would they cut that?????
    Right? That was awesome.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. I'm watching a movie where most genetic mutations result in the person looking like a super model. My belief has already been outfitted with some heavy duty suspension.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm watching a movie where most genetic mutations result in the person looking like a super model. My belief has already been outfitted with some heavy duty suspension.
    I don't need to be Professor X to sense your jealously.

7. Thats why I prefer comics because not only do they look like supermodels, they have huge awesome boobage.

8. Like I've said before, for some reason none of this stuff bothers me when taken in the comic form. It's the translation to movies that it looks dopey as hell.
    For what it's worth, the X-men's S&M suits in the movies looked just as silly as the comic costumes would have.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Hubbitron View Post
    ignore the fact that wolverine lived through nuclear holocaust.
    I was thinking today about how brain tissue doesn't regenerate. Wolverine should be a drooling vegetable by now.

10. I like this movie. It wasn't as shitty as I imagined it being but the team was total ass. Darwin was poo and why was Pixie named Angel? Also, Havok doing hoola-hoops was pretty silly. I was hoping Magneto would do nothing but tri-jumping roundhouses on Shaw.