Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men : First Class

1. X3 had the right guy playing Beast and nothing else mattered. Wolverine had lasers coming out of a man's eyeballs as his decapitated head fell down a smokestack. The head was of course spiraling horizontally, going WOOO WOOO WOOO at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Since filming starts Next Week ... the cast is almost set.

Last edited by Advocate; 12 Aug 2010 at 05:17 PM.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

3. That's what you pic for Alice Eve? Not this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alice_eve-0.jpg 
Views:	373 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	57307  
    Last edited by Chux; 13 Aug 2010 at 10:46 AM.

4. Muppet Babies X-Men?

5. It's not even the real "first class" Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Iceman, and Angel if I recall correctly. Banshee is like 40, not a teenager. Blargh.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    That's what you pic for Alice Eve? Not this?
    You don't have permission to access /images/2010/05/29/goddess/alice_eve-0.jpg on this server.

7. Try again.

8. Because of Inception, they took out a scene in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Screenrant
    For many, Christopher Nolan’s Inception ends at the controversial final frame, but for X-Men: First Class director Matthew Vaughn it caused more work. Vaughn quickly found glaring similarities between the use of the dream world in both films, prompting him to rework up to 12 pages of the First Class screenplay.

Every year, films accidentally and purposely steal ideas from other movies. This is the simple nature of filmmaking, but Vaughn’s respect for Inception and desire to create something totally original forced him back to the writing stage.

As X-Men: First Class continues to round out its cast, Vaughn is putting the final touches on a screenplay that has already gone through multiple revisions. Hopefully his work will erase the atrocities of X-Men Origins: Wolverine. The connection to Inception‘s plot device suggests that the First Class story may have taken an intriguing angle.

In a recent interview with the L.A. Times, Vaughn discussed his bittersweet adoration for Inception:

“I saw ‘Inception,’ which I loved, but my heart sank when I saw that a few of the ideas we had were up [on the screen]. So it’s either leave it in and look as if you’re copying or change things. We completely ripped out about 12 pages of the script and the storyboards.”

In the Comic-Con footage for Zack Snyder’s Sucker Punch, there were obvious similarities to Inception‘s reality-escaping dream world. But no matter how good Inception is, does it really warrant a monopoly on the dreamscape?

It would appear Vaughn sought to engage the audience with more than just the dream world. His intentions were to create a fight between Professor X and other mutants within “spinning rooms and other physics-bending imagery.” Too close for comfort for the director of Kick-Ass.

I would like to see how Vaughn deals with the dream world using the X-Men characters. I quickly imagined some kind of enhanced reality with each mutant’s powers exponentially greater in the alternate world.

Vaughn is making the right move here, but ultimately it seems a little rash. The world will always seek comparison between movies that share moments, but if he is as creative as Kick-Ass would suggest, Vaughn could have found a way to make his scene unique and riveting on its own. If anything, Nolan paved the way.

X-Men: First Class opens on June 3rd, 2011.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

9. I read about that. I'm glad too, this movie is a cluster fuck. Comic Vine rips on it every week with the "new news" that comes out.