Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men : First Class

1. did the person who typed that shit up have Vaughn's cock AND balls in their mouth as they wrote?
    How the fuck was Kick-Ass creative in any way, shape, or form?

2. Quote Originally Posted by FirstShowing
    Now this is mainly for the hardcore comic fans. Empire caught up with Jason Flemyng at the "Movie-Con" the other day and got confirmation from the actor himself that he'll be appearing in X-Men: First Class. "Matthew showed me my costume just the other day. Now I swore I'd never be in heavy make-up again, but this role is going to involve it," he said. "I am Azazel, and I can teleport by waving my arms [gestures like a cross between a flamenco dancer and Bollywood star]." As comic fans already know, Azazel is a teleporting creature from another dimension who's also Nightcrawler's father. "Don't worry, we'll add the tail in post."

Flemyng is one of Vaughn's regulars, having appeared in all of his movies to date (he was the "Lobby Goon" in Kick-Ass or you'll recognize him as Thomas Button from The Curious Case of Benjamin Button). Empire confirmed with Flemyng that Azazel will be red Matthew Vaughn's upcoming X-Men movie, and Vaughn is sure people "can figure it out from the tail and pointed ears" that he's connected to Nightcrawler from Bryan Singer's X-Men 2 (who was one of my favorite characters). Otherwise, no one knows how big (or small) of a role Azazel has, but it's pretty damn cool to hear that he's in it and that a great actor like Jason Flemyng will be laying on tons of make-up for the part. I'm still excited for this new X-Men. Stay tuned for more updates!
    Interesting ... I think.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

3. Now it looks like Rose Byrne is Moira MacTaggert.

http://screenrant.com/rose-byrne-moi...lass-rob-73746

4. similarities between the use of the dream world in both films
    Why the fuck was there twelve pages of dream shit in an x men movie. This is going to be so bad, like bat man and robin franchise killing bad.

5. Reading over this thread, I can't summon a single spark of interest in this movie. Same with Thor and Green Lantern though. Too many comic book movies.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rem View Post
    Why the fuck was there twelve pages of dream shit in an x men movie.
    Shadow King. Other than the threat of Magneto, Shadow King was a pivotal piece in the X-Men's creation.

7. Oliver Platt joins cast.

http://screenrant.com/xmen-first-cla...tt-sandy-73820

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenRant
    It has certainly been a busy 24 hours for those attempting to keep up to date on the latest additions to the ever-growing cast of X-Men: First Class. First Jason Flemyng, then Rose Byrne, and now Oliver Platt has officially signed on to play a role in the new mutant origin flick.

X-Men: First Class revolves primarily around the exploits of the young Professor Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) and Erik “Magneto” Lensherr (Michael Fassbender), prior to their falling out over conflicting ideologies. Director Matthew Vaughn claims the film is not a reboot, nor a traditional prequel to the X-Men film trilogy that began in 2000.

Platt will play a non-mutant character known as The Man in Black. Who exactly this mysterious figure is remains unknown for now, though he likely has nothing to do with Lost and is probably not an agent working for a secret government organization that patrols extra-terrestrial activity on Earth.

Kevin Bacon was unveiled as the First Class villain last month, though Platt could easily end up playing one of his cohorts. The latter actor is not exactly know for playing dastardly figures – Platt tends to provide comic relief (see below) more often than not – but the fact that he will be a regular human in a X-Men movie indicates that this might be an exception.

First Class begins production in London this upcoming September and will reach theaters around the world next summer. Between the recent news that Vaughn is revising portions of the First Class script that deal with Inception-type dream sequences, and the flurry of casting announcements over the past six weeks, it is difficult to gauge whether or not this project is indeed being rushed, as has been suggested by our own Rob Keyes.

Vaughn’s output as a filmmaker so far has been pretty solid and he seems like an excellent choice on paper to helm the young X-men flick. First Class will also be the rare blockbuster comic book adaptation scheduled to arrive in the next two years that will NOT be in 3D – or so it seems, for now.

X-Men: First Class arrives in theaters in the U.S. on June 3rd, 2011.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Shadow King. Other than the threat of Magneto, Shadow King was a pivotal piece in the X-Men's creation.
    Shadow King suuuuuucks. He's like Mesmero-calibur. Get Mister Sinister in that shit! Or A-Pack-O-Lips!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    comics are so dumb

10. need to fight lucifer imo.