Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice League - 2017 attempt

1. Justice League - 2017 attempt

I could've sworn we already had a thread for this, but running a search, all that came up was the aborted George Miller version from 5 years ago starring The CW's finest. Maybe we just talked about it in the Dark Knight and Man of Steel threads. Anyway, looks like there's some solid news to comment on - apparently this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JUSTICE-LEAGUE2.jpeg 
Views:	180 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	68461

...is gonna be the entirety of the team. That's not a Justice League. It's a Justice Squad at best. Understandable that they'd do this when the general public really only knows Batman, Superman, and Green Lantern kinda, but still disappointing.
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 01 Aug 2013 at 11:56 PM. Reason: title change to reflect new status quo

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. No Aquaman = no sale.

3. This is going to be the mega fail we all thought the Avengers was going to be.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

4. Yeah...I have shit expectations for this.

Besides, DC sucks moosecock to begin with.

5. Green-man, blue-man, black-man, red-man... wait, where the fuck is yellow-man?
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

Needs more Plas.

Plus everyone knows the League isn't the League without J'onn.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

7. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    No Aquaman = no sale.
    I guess they couldn't convince Vinnie Chase to reprise the role.
    ...because without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't as sweet.

8. So, that version is toast since the script apparently sucked and Gangster Squad (from the same writer) bombed... and now the rumor is they're just backing up the biggest money truck ever to Nolan's house and putting him in charge of the entire DCU on film. Supposedly he and Goyer will write JLA, with Snyder to direct and Bale to return as Batman (and Cavill continuing on as Supes of course). Great as TDK was, I actually really hope this doesn't pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. I think they'll have trouble making all that shit align even with tons of dough.

Plus, there's like zero buzz about Snyder's Superman flick, because A) the trailer sucked, B) Sucker Punch was one of the worst movies ever and rightfully bombed, and C) Supes really isn't relevant anymore.

I really hope this new rumor is false as well.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Plus, there's like zero buzz about Snyder's Superman flick, because A) the trailer sucked, B) Sucker Punch was one of the worst movies ever and rightfully bombed, and C) Supes really isn't relevant anymore.
    I've heard differently. They recently had a screening of the movie and he had this to say

Quote Originally Posted by JoBlo
    A scooper (whom we know and trust 100%) has sent us reactions to early screenings of the film happening at WB, addressing many of the common concerns that we've all had from the beginning. Here's his bullet points from the screening(s)- Imagine a Nolan story with Snyder effects/action.
    - It's the best movie of the year.
    - There's TONS of action with Superman kicking all kinds of ass in his suit.
    - The cape is CG'd most of the time so it can look awesome.
    - They have intentionally left out most of the the Super action in trailers to save it.
    - It's not nearly as dour and serious as the trailers suggest.
    - The movie is complete, minus the 3D post-conversion, which is currently taking place
    http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/scoo...l-kinds-of-ass

On your points:

a) Just saying there is ZERO buzz is a misnomer. The trailer sucked. People started to fear it would be another Sucker Punch even with Nolan writing. So, there was buzz, just NEGATIVE buzz something a film DOESN'T want.
    b) Not going to fight you on that.
    c) While true, the one thing that everyone wants is a more action packed movie. The last Supes movie was horrible and left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. Like your mom.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.