Page 1 of 25 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men : First Class

1. Film X-Men : First Class

I've posted this in the Random Movie News Thread. I'll bring this all here.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    As reported everywhere,

Quote Originally Posted by SHH!, IESB.net, LatinoReview, AICN
    nterviewed by MySpace at the premiere, Singer was asked about his upcoming projects. After mentioning his next film, Jack the Giant Killer, Singer then let loose the big news, saying, "I just yesterday signed a deal to do an X-Men: First Class origins picture, which is kind of cool. I'm very excited."

Singer's statement confirms First Class is an origin film, though it's not clear yet what characters will be included and how closely it will adhere to the continuity of the previous X-Men films, in which Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm and Beast (the latter going by info from The Last Stand) were among Charles Xavier's earliest students – while characters like Iceman and Angel (who were original members in the comics) joined later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Guess I better make a thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHH!

Heat Vision reports that Jamie Moss has come on board to write a new draft of the X-Men: First Class screenplay. Josh Schwartz wrote the original draft.

Bryan Singer, who directed the first two "X-Men" movies, announced last night at the Avatar premiere that he has signed a deal with 20th Century Fox to direct the film.

X-Men: First Class is based on a Marvel Comics limited series written by Jeff Parker.

Moss worked on Ghost in the Shell for DreamWorks and wrote David Ayer's Street Kings.
    Now this broke ...

Quote Originally Posted by AICN
    From Friday morning’s Variety story on “X-Men: First Class”:
    "This is the formative years of Xavier and Magneto, and the formation of the school and where there relationship took a wrong turn," [Bryan] Singer said. "There is a romantic element, and some of the mutants from 'X-Men' will figure into the plot, though I don't want to say which ones. There will be a lot of new mutants and a great villain."
    This clears up finally the question of whether “First Class” would serve as a prequel -- or a sequel to the Patrick Stewart/Ian McKellen movies focusing on a new generation of superpowered mutants.

Jamie Moss, screenwriter of the 2008 Keanu Reeves cop thriller “Street Kings,” apparently wrote the script for the project based on a treatment by Singer (“X-Men,” “X2”), who will direct. It’s unclear whether any of the material written by “OC” mastermind and “Chuck” co-creator Josh Schwartz, who had penned an earlier draft for “First Class,” will be retained.

I confess I find a project centered on the early Xavier/Magneto relationship far more promising than “X-Men Origins: Magneto,” which I’m guessing will go away now.

Find Variety’s story on the matter here.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. Interesting. Good to see him back with the franchise, I suppose.

3. Nigga never should have left.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Especially when it resulted in the lame Donner fanfic that was Superman Returns. And then deservingly getting the boot from the Superman franchise afterwards.

X2 was great though.

5. I really don't need to see any more early Magneto/Xavier stuff. I get it. One's Malcom X and one's MLK. Great. Let's move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. I believe he is doing this, because of Radner's X3. He fucked it up so bad that Singer cannot take it any further.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    I believe he is doing this, because of Radner's X3. He fucked it up so bad that Singer cannot take it any further.
    Not as bad as Wolverine....
    Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)

8. It wasn't perfect, but Wolvie Origins is 1000x better than that piece of shit X3.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. I liked them both, but people seem pretty down on both of them.

10. both are meh, x3 is just less meh