Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hot Tub Time Machine

1. To be fair, Cusack was really hamming it up with all of the Fucks he was dropping. Felt forced.

*Edit - The red band trailer is much funnier than the green.
    Last edited by Mr-K; 29 Dec 2009 at 08:19 AM.

2. Guys, this comes out the weekend of PAX. We could all see it at the theater on the Boston Common(Thanks dave!).

Rampant Fronting/TNL Joint movie night?

3. I will download the latest movie by Daryll from The Office.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Guys, this comes out the weekend of PAX. We could all see it at the theater on the Boston Common(Thanks dave!).

Rampant Fronting/TNL Joint movie night?
    I'm down with this
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    That isn't a robot. That's the world's largest 8 year old.

5. Fixed Red Band:

I'll give it a shot, been a long time coming, but the 80's party movie is finally back.

6. I saw this today and it was fucking hilarious. Easily the best comedy in years.

7. Just got back from the theater. I laughed my ass off. Was totally not expecting that.
    The arm! I love "morbid" funny.
    The squirrel!
    I loved seeing the 00's kid thrown into the 80's and failing hard because he doesn't know anything past "on-line"...and not really learning a damn thing.
    "Get him a body bag!"
    "Two dollars!"

I was very impressed that they were able to just let the hot tub be. Yeah, it was a retarded plot device that let them make an 80's movie. So for all intents and purposes it just got thrown to the side and they made an 80's movie. As they should have.

It's not a straight 80's movie since they do take advantage of the time travel and "second chance" themes. But they do it well. And thank God it didn't parody itself. It just happens to be in the 80's. You get one oversize cell phone joke, one jerry curl joke, and that's about it.

Anyway, it was hilarious.

Also: This movie really hammers home how music has fallen off a cliff. Every 80's song I was like "I love this song!".
    Last edited by Cheebs; 27 Mar 2010 at 12:49 AM.

8. I just saw this. I liked it, there were a lot of funny bits but only one or two really outrageously funny parts.

Lougle lol

9. I went last night. It was exactly how it looks in commercials, which is a cheesy funny homage to the 80s. There wasn't enough boobs for an 80s movie. It's solid, but not amazing. John Cusak is a bit weird looking, sort of like an old woman.