Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle: LA

1. Film Battle: LA

Quote Originally Posted by /flim
    A batch of photos from the Louisiana set of Jonathan Liebesman’s Battle: Los Angeles have been discovered online. The photo features Aaron Eckhart as a Marine staff sergeant, and was taken on base in Camp Horno in the 53 area of Camp Pendleton on December 17th 2009 by Jonathan Hoffon. For those of you who don’t know, Battle: LA is an alien invasion story, which is presented as an intense real-time war movie from the perspective of a group of Marines. It has been described by some as “Blackhawk Down” meets “Independence Day”. See more from these photos after the jump.
    Quote Originally Posted by io9
    Battle For LA is still filming its alien ground war in Louisiana, and we've found a few pictures of an on-set explosion. Is this the kind of alien danger Aaron Eckhart and his military unit will have to face?

The great photos were taken by manwithscaryspouse who seemed to be right next to the action and described the above pictures as, "Mushroom cloud of fire caused when production company explodes bus." Looks like they really are trying hard to keep the realistic military vibe to this alien feature. The pictures are from September of this year, but they are certainly new to us.
    MTV's Hollywood Crush recently spoke with ex True Blood star Lucas Till and he described the movie asIndependence Day meets Black Hawk Down, which from the pictures, sounds about right.
    "It's basically any 19-year-old guy's dream job. I get to go to work and shoot guns all day so it's pretty awesome," he told MTV News. "It's basically an unknown force attacks Los Angeles and it revolves around this platoon of marines, which I'm apart of, and then we try to save Los Angeles. And it's kind of like 'Independence Day' and 'Black Hawk Down' mixed."
    The film is being directed by Jonathan Liebesman and while we're excited to see Aaron Eckhart star in his own action flick, our vote is still out until we see what these attacking aliens look like. And we have a long wait: the feature won't be released until February 2011.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zz057c526e-550x822.jpg 
Views:	479 
Size:	145.6 KB 
ID:	50836   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	500x_battle.jpg 
Views:	480 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	50837   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	500x_battleboom2.jpg 
Views:	463 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	50838   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	500x_battleboom3.jpg 
Views:	482 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	50839  

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. I'm a sucker for this shit.

3. After District 9 I'm totally down for some realistic alien battles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold View Post
    I'm a sucker for this shit.
    Same for me. I will definitely be seeing this.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

5. Actors:

Aaron Eckhart as a Marine Staff Sergeant[1]
    Michelle Rodriguez as Technical Sergeant Adriana Santos
    Bridget Moynahan as a veterinarian
    Michael Peña as a father of a boy the Marines find along the way
    Lucas Till as Corporal Grayston
    Joey King as Kirsten
    Taylor Handley as Simmons
    Noel Fisher as Private Lenihan
    Ramón Rodríguez as Lieutenant Martinez
    Neil Brown, Jr as Corporal Guerrerro
    Ne-Yo

------------------------

More:

Quote Originally Posted by /FILM
    I was sold on Battle: Los Angeles from the moment I found out the plot synopsis—a real-time alien invasion movie set in LA—but today was the first time anything from the film has been shown to an audience (unless you count the viral campaign spread around the Comic-Con convention center). Check after the break for a breakdown of what we saw, and our reactions.

The footage opens with references to past extraterrestrial attacks in the US, detailing historical moments of purported alien contact, such as military firing blindly into the sky at UFOs with no effect. Text reads: “These events have never been explained… Until now.”
    Cut to the inside of a helicopter, with soldiers awaiting battle. They arrive to a devastated LA, which has now become a full-on battlefield. Gunfire and missiles rain down onto the city. Buildings have been reduced to rubble. Others are in the midst of being reduced to rubble, with an alien ship laying waste to the entire landscape.

Later, the soldiers—among whom is Aaron Eckhart—are given a rundown of their objective. “If it isn’t human, kill it.”

They walk through a cloud of dust in the city, which has now been deserted. They hear something up ahead. Out of the dust appears a dog, its leash still on. They relax briefly to take care of it, and a storm of laser-esque bullets is unloaded on the group. Obscured aliens are firing from every direction.

Unsure of where the gunfire is coming from, a solider retreats into the laundry room of an abandoned apartment complex. He tries to make contact with the rest of the group, but is soon spooked by an alien shadow. He darts outside, his gun at the ready. Slowly, he makes his way forward, shifting nervously as the threat of the alien looms. Then, he looks up—a tall, barely visible creature (wearing what appears to be a mechanized suit) launches at him, and the soldier is no more.

Cue montage of explosive alien action, featuring: Aaron Eckhart holding a kid in his arms as he runs to a helicopter that’s decimated by a missile; dozens of alien ships blasting through the city; citizens running away from intensive gunfire; and quick-cut shots of epic-scale mysterious alien entities (or possibly some sort of attack vehicles).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	battlela.jpg 
Views:	2507 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	57056  
    Last edited by Advocate; 27 Jul 2010 at 01:21 AM.

6. Yep, this looks good, but I hope that it's not merely another "AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!" movie. I'd really like to see an ambiguous ending, wherein the alien race has either triumphed or at least is not yet defeated. As long as the movie doesn't completely adhere to the "feel good" formula, I'm ok.

7. 4 seconds of footage. Yeah yeah ...

8. Michelle Rodriguez as Technical Sergeant Adriana Santos
    What a unique casting decision!

9. She was asked on the Battle: LA panel, why she always dies.

Quote Originally Posted by iO9
    Michelle Rodriguez kicked ass in Lost and Avatar, but her characters always get killed. Why is that? We managed to corner her at San Diego Comic Con and ask her.

We caught up with Rodriguez at the press conference for her new film Battle: Los Angeles and asked her this question during the Q&A. Here's what she said then:

Because I don't take my clothes off, and I'm nobody's girlfriend. The writers are new to the whole tough girl thing, and they don't know what to do with [me]. We've got the dude who's strong, so what do we do with the chick who's strong? We kill her. Eventually they'll get used to it, and maybe Salt will change a thing or two.
    We liked her answer so much, we grabbed her afterwards and asked her to repeat her answer on video — and there it is!
    Last edited by Advocate; 27 Jul 2010 at 04:38 PM.

10. Real answer: She's a bitch, and everyone wants her to die.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2