Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: Battle: LA

1. I like Ebert's review

"Battle: Los Angeles" is noisy, violent, ugly and stupid. Its manufacture is a reflection of appalling cynicism on the part of its makers, who don't even try to make it more than senseless chaos. Here's a science-fiction film that's an insult to the words "science" and "fiction," and the hyphen in between them. You want to cut it up to clean under your fingernails.

2. I'm boycotting reading it because none of that review was written online. They copy-pasted it all from his Word document.

3. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    Did you see the film?

4. No. Why would I see a movie that I think looks terrible?

5. Then why would you agree with a critic, when you haven't seen the film?

I saw it. The only thing that sucked was when someone died, that emotional impact wasn't there. I blame the writing. The action was Black Hawk Down. Very gritty.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

6. Exactly.

Not really getting all of the hate on this film. It's not epic or profound, but it's not bad for an action flick. TNL must be getting old.

7. didn't you get the memo haoh? all the cool kids hate anything that is new and/or popular

and it's not just isolated to here, over the internet anybody can be a grade a film/music/whatever snob!

8. I also didn't like the "trying to find the weak spot" scene.

I did like Michael Pena's performance.

Especially when he picked up the M16 and gunned down an alien. Loved the gritty feel and the in your face explosions of the movie though.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.